1. North-West Ohio
    Moves
    11 Apr '20 16:57
    If I've got it right, messages that become older than 90 days are deleted. Somewhere in my search of the site it stated that they could be emailed so that the player can have a record of the conversation although it's deleted in Redhotpawn.com. Instructions found sound simple (it was something like selecting "send msgs to email"😉. But I've been unable to find that option to select it! And now I can't find that "solution" again. I've searched 20 pages of help threads and also the FAQs. Where do I have to go to find the option to select it? And just to be clear, I found the settings re notifications being sent to email, but it's the personal conversations that I'd prefer not to lose. Just in case it matters, I'm nearly always using my Android phone when logging in to Redhotpawn, not a computer... Thanks. (Now, how will I know when my question is answered? LOL)
    While we're at it... Is there any differentiation between msgs sent back and forth between players outside of the games with the chats inside a game? If so, please elaborate...
  2. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    12 Apr '20 13:291 edit
    Email backup is available for private messages, the link is at the foot of the MyMessages page. The ingame chat log isn't able to be saved as far as I know.
  3. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    13 Apr '20 12:53
    @kewpie said
    Email backup is available for private messages, the link is at the foot of the MyMessages page. The ingame chat log isn't able to be saved as far as I know.
    Kewpie, when I go to my completed games in my archive folder and click on a game, I can still click the message log link there and see the ingame messages for that game. So I think the messages are saved along with the game.
  4. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    17 Apr '20 04:452 edits
    @mwmiller said
    Kewpie, when I go to my completed games in my archive folder and click on a game, I can still click the message log link there and see the ingame messages for that game. So I think the messages are saved along with the game.
    That's true for the games in which you were a participant, but I don't believe you can share or email the message logs. I used to do it with a copy/paste routine but a major rewrite stopped all that. If you know a way it can be done now I'd be interested to hear it.
  5. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    17 Apr '20 12:19
    @kewpie said
    That's true for the games in which you were a participant, but I don't believe you can share or email the message logs. I used to do it with a copy/paste routine but a major rewrite stopped all that. If you know a way it can be done now I'd be interested to hear it.
    Agreed. In-game messages are only saved in the archive folders as part of your completed games. There is no provision that I know of to share or email those messages.

A PGN file of the games can be emailed to yourself but that does not include the in-game message log.

You can still copy and paste all or part of the message log from a game into some other text editor such as notepad.
  6. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    17 Apr '20 13:07
    @mwmiller said
    Agreed. In-game messages are only saved in the archive folders as part of your completed games. There is no provision that I know of to share or email those messages.

A PGN file of the games can be emailed to yourself but that does not include the in-game message log.

You can still copy and paste all or part of the message log from a game into some other text editor such as notepad.
    I had many conversations with Mike Lomax (mikelom) in games.
    After he died I wanted to send his widow Sunisa a long message log where he talked about his feelings for her. I found that I couldn't easily use copy/paste because I couldn't display long messages on a screen for highlighting and "select all" gave me way too much extraneous stuff. So something I could have done easily in the old widescreen text format became a tedious chore to get a page of coherent text in Notepad.
  7. North-West Ohio
    Moves
    02 Jun '20 13:59
    Thanks for the ideas!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree