Timeout Not

Subscribertechsouth
Help 18 Aug '15 02:27
  1. Garner, NC
    Moves
    18 Aug '15 02:271 edit
    Sorry, hit return too soon.

Timeout is not working for me. I've tried in three different browsers. I click the skull, it brings up the dialog box and I press "okay". But it does nothing.
  2. SubscriberKewpieonline
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    18 Aug '15 04:561 edit
    Any chance you're looking at AllGames page rather than Inbox?

If it's Game 11249703, opponent has vacation flag up.
  3. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    18 Aug '15 13:001 edit
    Originally posted by Kewpie

If the vacation flag is up there is no skull just a vacation sign...

Edit: Timeout works for me (I crashed an old skull...
  4. Garner, NC
    Moves
    18 Aug '15 13:58
    Originally posted by Kewpie

Yes, that is the game. I am not sure if there is a bug when the vacation starts for a user in a different time zone. But last night I saw a skull and no vacation flag. And I know I refreshed the page many times and still saw the skull. The user did not have any vacation icons at the time. This was after 10:00pm EDT, so I was about to change into the next day.

Oh well. Not a very serious issue since we know the player was starting a vacation.
  5. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    18 Aug '15 16:42
    This is from the vacation booking page, for general information. I don't know if it has anything to do with the current situation encountered in this post.

"All vacations are booked using GMT which may not match your time zone precisely."
  6. Garner, NC
    Moves
    18 Aug '15 16:52
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    This is from the vacation booking page, for general information. I don't know if it has anything to do with the current situation encountered in this post.

"All vacations are booked using GMT which may not match your time zone precisely."
    I was aware of this and have had to consider it when booking and ending my own vacation. Being a software developer myself, my guess is that timezone differences do have something to do with the issue.

I would expect that the vacation flag be shown anytime a user is exempt from timeout whether or not the person viewing a would-be-timed-out game is viewing the site from a timezone that has reached the date of the start of vacation. If the site is smart enough to prevent the timeout, it can just as easily be smart enough to show the vacation flag instead of the skull.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree