1. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    02 Nov '18 20:25
    Today for the first time ever I had my hands on a smartphone with the RHP android app installed from google play. (I personally only use a laptop to play here on RHP.)

I was trying to use their phone to help change some RHP site settings for them but had major problems with that and was not able to find how to change their challenge settings. I did find some options to change some settings but it seemed to me that my laptop has many more options.

Also when selecting piece and board options, it seemed to me that there are many more choices to select from on my laptop.

So my question is this:
    How do I change the challenge settings that will stop challenges when you have reached your own game number limit? Am I not looking in the correct place to change settings on that phone, or does my laptop just have more choices?

Perhaps someone who uses both can enlighten me on this? Thanks!
  2. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    04 Nov '18 12:22
    Wow. No members use a regular computer AND a smartphone to use this site?
    I sure thought someone out there would have an answer.
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    06 Nov '18 11:10
    The Android and IOS app provide a subset of the web site features. The nature of coding a native application ( * 2! ) means that the apps will never have feature parity with the web site. So, just core options and features.
  4. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    06 Nov '18 12:091 edit
    @Russ

Thanks Russ.

So I think what you are saying is:
    If they use their PC to log into their account, they can make setting changes from a more extensive list of options than what is available from their phone.

Is that correct or somewhat close?
  5. Northamptonshire, UK
    Moves
    07 Nov '18 08:252 edits
    I never really got comfortable with the RHP app on Android which is a shadow of the full-fat website as Russ says - similarly the RHP Notification widget which is also available on Play Store. Better to bookmark the RHP website proper on your smartphone and pretty much use what you see on a PC/laptop, albeit on a smaller screen....
  6. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    07 Nov '18 12:30

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

7. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    07 Nov '18 12:36
    @FlyingWolf

OK, I will pass this info on then. Thanks.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree