1. Joined
    03 Jun '09
    Moves
    30 Jan '15 16:04
    Is there a way I can tell when an opponent's vacation time is up ?
  2. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    30 Jan '15 16:22
    No.

The person could have made a notice on the return, but they need not.

The idea to make this transparent has been repeatedly brought forard in "Site Ideas"
  3. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    30 Jan '15 16:38
    There is an option for them to leave a vacation message.
    You can also take a look at their profile page and see if they have left a message in their profile.
    They do make moves while on vacation status, so just be aware of that as well.

Just pay attention to all of your games and watch for when it is your move. In that way you should not have a problem because of people being on vacation.
  4. Joined
    03 Jun '09
    Moves
    30 Jan '15 20:29
    Thanks , guys . It does seem odd to me that this information is not available for all to see . Why the secrecy ?!
  5. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    30 Jan '15 21:35
    Maybe it'd be like going on vacation and letting the milk and papers pile up in front of the house?
  6. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    01 Feb '15 19:57
    Originally posted by bellafizz
    Thanks , guys . It does seem odd to me that this information is not available for all to see . Why the secrecy ?!
    this has been questioned for years . .. .it's a mystery to many of us . .we have simply given up wondering why and just learned to focus on our own games and watching our own timings
  7. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    02 Feb '15 15:14
    I recently sent in a feedback about this and the reply was as follows:
    -------------------------------------
    "The reason for not showing it anywhere is for confidentiality reasons.

To publish the vacation data would require a transition period where everyone agreed that this information can be public going forward.

So, it would require a consultation vote, and possibly a reset of booked vacations for all those who did not agree."

Therefore from this reply I suspect the dates will not be made available automatically.

At this time anyone who books a vacation can include a vacation message which could announce their vacation dates, but it is entirely up to the individual to publish that information.
  8. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    02 Feb '15 20:05
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    I recently sent in a feedback about this and the reply was as follows:
    "The reason for not showing it anywhere is for confidentiality reasons.

To publish the vacation data would require a transition period where everyone agreed that this information can be public going forward.

So, it would require a consultatio ...[text shortened]... ounce their vacation dates, but it is entirely up to the individual to publish that information.
    yes, exactly

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree