1. Russ's Pocket
    Moves
    11 Oct '10 00:21
    I only dabble in the microcosm of the rhp debates forum. Most here seem somewhat more educated that the shlubs on the slag pile, and well with an election cycle coming soon I pondered the possibility of rhp creating a "micro nation". Could the personas of rhp get together and create a document and rivaling the US Constitution? Could they elect a rhp president? Who would make up the rhp Supreme Court? If this is a debates forum what would happen if the points were made to the "Supreme Forum Justices" and they could vote to end topics?
    Who are your 9 Fourm Justices?

* As a side bar of the 9 US Supreme court Justices three attended Stanford; six attended Harvard. Does that seem representative of the US? Should that be an issue?
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    11 Oct '10 00:23
    Are you planning on overthrowing Russ first?
  3. Russ's Pocket
    Moves
    11 Oct '10 00:34
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Are you planning on overthrowing Russ first?
    Russ is just a figurehead. There was a silent coup two years ago and we have installed a puppet master.
  4. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    11 Oct '10 00:59
    Originally posted by cheshirecatstevens
    I only dabble in the microcosm of the rhp debates forum. Most here seem somewhat more educated that the shlubs on the slag pile, and well with an election cycle coming soon I pondered the possibility of rhp creating a "micro nation". Could the personas of rhp get together and create a document and rivaling the US Constitution? Could they elect a ...[text shortened]... ord; six attended Harvard. Does that seem representative of the US? Should that be an issue?
    I propose that we have a unicameral legislature and a five man executive council, elected to staggered five year terms, so one position on the council comes up for election every year.
  5. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    11 Oct '10 01:03
    I think I'm a Loyalist. I oppose this revolution. Even though I'm not a member of the dominant membership-owning culture, I still oppose it. Take your hippie Constitution and shove it. Long live King Russ!

😠
  6. silicon valley
    Moves
    11 Oct '10 04:00
    I only dabble in the microcosm of the rhp debates forum. Most here seem somewhat more educated that the shlubs on the slag pile, and well with an election cycle coming soon I pondered the possibility of rhp creating a "micro nation". Could the personas of rhp get together and create a document and rivaling the US Constitution? Could they elect a ...[text shortened]... ord; six attended Harvard. Does that seem representative of the US? Should that be an issue?
    we'd need rwingett and no1m on the Court to provide the 2 in our 7-2 decisions (predicted to be most of them).
  7. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    11 Oct '10 07:45
    Originally posted by zeeblebot
    we'd need rwingett and no1m on the Court to provide the 2 in our 7-2 decisions (predicted to be most of them).
    i'd like to put my name forward as the voice of reason and comic relief.
  8. Germany
    Moves
    11 Oct '10 07:48
    This will end in civil war.
  9. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    11 Oct '10 08:02
    Not possible, since the majority here range from closet control freaks all the way through to overt totalitarian dictators they will have no way of forcing any of their brainwaves on their fellow rhpers. That's one of the great things about these sites they can go on and on and on about income redistribution (or what ever the latest catch phrase for theft is) but they have no actual power, if there were a god I'd drop to my knees and thank him for that.
  10. Germany
    Moves
    11 Oct '10 08:07
    Originally posted by Wajoma
    Not possible, since the majority here range from closet control freaks all the way through to overt totalitarian dictators they will have no way of forcing any of their brainwaves on their fellow rhpers. That's one of the great things about these sites they can go on and on and on about income redistribution (or what ever the latest catch phrase for theft is ...[text shortened]... ut they have no actual power, if there were a god I'd drop to my knees and thank him for that.
    You're wrong. I am worth 1/70,000 of a seat in the national parliament and 1/400,000 of a seat in the European parliament. Be very afraid.
  11. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    11 Oct '10 08:32
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    You're wrong. I am worth 1/70,000 of a seat in the national parliament and 1/400,000 of a seat in the European parliament. Be very afraid.
    You're an example of all that's wrong with democracy, if you refer back to the post you are commenting on you will realise that we were not talking about Europe but the small state of RHP where if you did have any power to wield it would be a much larger fraction.
  12. Germany
    Moves
    11 Oct '10 08:33
    You're an example of all that's wrong with democracy, if you refer back to the post you are commenting on you will realise that we were not talking about Europe but the small state of RHP where if you did have any power to wield it would be a much larger fraction.
    Particularly after my coup d'état.
  13. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    11 Oct '10 08:51
    Not possible, since the majority here range from closet control freaks all the way through to overt totalitarian dictators they will have no way of forcing any of their brainwaves on their fellow rhpers.
    its goood to see how freedom from group-think can make a man healthy wealthy and negatively wired.
  14. Joined
    13 Mar '07
    Moves
    11 Oct '10 12:161 edit
    I only dabble in the microcosm of the rhp debates forum. Most here seem somewhat more educated that the shlubs on the slag pile, and well with an election cycle coming soon I pondered the possibility of rhp creating a "micro nation". Could the personas of rhp get together and create a document and rivaling the US Constitution? Could they elect a ord; six attended Harvard. Does that seem representative of the US? Should that be an issue?
    If I were President of RHP (and I admit that no one's elected or even proposed me yet), then I'd nominate to the supreme court (in alphabetical order) FMF, generalissimo, KazetNagorra, melanerpes, no1marauder, palynka, sh76, A Thousand Young and twhitehead. These are all posters who seem to think before they write and are amenable to evidence, which seems to me essential in a jurist.

I freely admit that there's a bit of a centre-left bias here, but hey, if I'm the President, I can nominate who I want. No doubt the zeeblebots and whodeys of this world will do the best to derail the confirmation process anyway.
  15. Joined
    18 May '09
    Moves
    11 Oct '10 12:46
    Originally posted by Teinosuke
    If I were President of RHP (and I admit that no one's elected or even proposed me yet), then I'd nominate to the supreme court (in alphabetical order) FMF, generalissimo, KazetNagorra, melanerpes, no1marauder, palynka, sh76, A Thousand Young and twhitehead. These are all posters who seem to think before they write and are amenable to evidence, which seems ...[text shortened]... lebots and whodeys of this world will do the best to derail the confirmation process anyway.
    You have nominated a strange mixture.
    FMF thinks he knows everything, having 'travelled the world, man' and merely tries to change the subject of debate whenever he is cornered.

ATY has an enormous racial chip on his shoulder and is consequently a write off.

No1 is a self-proclaimed lawyer of dubious standing.

Twitehead is a twithead.

The best of the bunch are sh76 and generalissimo.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree