YouTube
  2. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    19 Jan '14 18:10
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Noah's Ark Documentary

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPRo7Q-7yQQ
    the Ark has been found for many years. I first heard about it back in the sixties.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Jan '14 21:203 edits
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    the Ark has been found for many years. I first heard about it back in the sixties.
    There has been many more scientific tests since then to confirm it. The Turkish government has acknowledged that it is in fact Noah's Ark now. Noah's house is also believed to be found and his alter of sacrifice.

http://www.sunnyskyz.com/good-news/470/Noah-s-Ark-Has-Been-Found-Why-Are-They-Keeping-Us-In-The-Dark-

http://www.arkdiscovery.com/noah's_ark.htm

Now it is clear that we must consider a worldwide flood as part of geology and the resulting effect on dating.
  4. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    19 Jan '14 22:50
    There has been many more scientific tests since then to confirm it. The Turkish government has acknowledged that it is in fact Noah's Ark now. Noah's house is also believed to be found and his alter of sacrifice.

http://www.sunnyskyz.com/good-news/470/Noah-s-Ark-Has-Been-Found-Why-Are-They-Keeping-Us-In-The-Dark-

http://www.arkdiscovery.com/noah's_ar ...[text shortened]... r that we must consider a worldwide flood as part of geology and the resulting effect on dating.
    What a pair of gullible plonkers you two are.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Jan '14 23:03
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    What a pair of gullible plonkers you two are.
    There is little that can convince closed minded atheists and evilutionists of the truth of the Holy Bible. They will continually cry out "Bah humbug" to evidence of Biblical truth.
  6. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    20 Jan '14 00:51
    There is little that can convince closed minded atheists and evilutionists of the truth of the Holy Bible. They will continually cry out "Bah humbug" to evidence of Biblical truth.
    Isn't this the same argument you offer me in another thread.

RJ, I know you want to be Christian, and you claim to be just that. But being Christian is more than laying claims and quoting scripture, it is a way of life. It isn't knowing the law in your head, it is living the scripture in your heart. And this is the difference between us.

In the conviction that you are currently on, i warn you to be careful. Being prideful and setting yourself on a pillar above all others is the same path Satan went on years ago.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 Jan '14 00:59

RJ, I know you want to be Christian, and you claim to be just that. But being Christian is more than laying claims and quoting scripture, it is a way of life. It isn't knowing the law in your head, it is living the scripture in your heart. And this is the difference between us.

In the convi ...[text shortened]... eful and setting yourself on a pillar above all others is the same path Satan went on years ago.
    I keep telling them that .. its a way of life which is putting away the old man of the flesh and putting on the new one led by the spirit.

But some of these claim that they can sin, live their same old worldly life, and wont suffer for it as Christ died for all their sins [past present and future ones as well]. They are saved and saved eternally. They have eternal life already .. so they claim. No need to live a new life of a change heart and mind.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Jan '14 03:08

In the convi ...[text shortened]... eful and setting yourself on a pillar above all others is the same path Satan went on years ago.
    So in your opinion I am not a Christian based on what exactly?
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Jan '14 03:10
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    I keep telling them that .. its a way of life which is putting away the old man of the flesh and putting on the new one led by the spirit.

But some of these claim that they can sin, live their same old worldly life, and wont suffer for it as Christ died for all their sins [past present and future ones as well]. They are saved and saved eternally. They have eternal life already .. so they claim. No need to live a new life of a change heart and mind.
    I have never claimed to have eternal life already. You must be thinking of someone else.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    20 Jan '14 17:292 edits
    Of course, NOBODY would have built some kind of boat in the mountains specifically to convince people of the reality of the flood fairy tale would they?

Bottom line, finding some kind of structure they THINK is a boat, is A, not necessarily a boat and B, not by itself proof of any kind of world wide flood.

There would be consequences we would be living with as we speak if a world wide flood actually happened.

This is dreamland stuff.

I can't for the life of me imagine why people would be so naive as to think thousands of feet of water covering the Earth would just magically go away in a few days or months, or whatever.

This has to be one of the most asinine stories in the entire bible.

So 40 days and 40 nights. 80 24 hour periods? So we go with 80 days, lets see, the highest mountains are 29,000 feet, call it 30,000. That works out to 375 FEET of rain per day.

So 375 ft per day. That amounts to 15 FEET per hour. 180 inches per hour.

So 3 inches PER MINUTE.

How can you be so deluded as to believe there could be ANYTHING like 3 inches of rain per minute sustained for months on end?

There would be so much erosion that the Grand Canyon would like like a little scratch in the ground.

Among MANY other effects.

It is totally mind boggling to me how ANYONE in this day and age could be taken in by such utter ROT.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Jan '14 17:49
    Originally posted by Rajk999

No Christian I know claims this. It is something you've created in your head to help you seem better than them. You are like unto RJH, who takes a little scrap of a verse in the Bible and crafts it into this huge belief system. My God is quite a bit larger than the tiny boxes you two paint Him into.

Vanity is a far, far greater sin. At least as great as that with which you condemn other Christians. This is what I keep telling you about "the beam in thine own eye".
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Jan '14 18:03
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Of course, NOBODY would have built some kind of boat in the mountains specifically to convince people of the reality of the flood fairy tale would they?

Bottom line, finding some kind of structure they THINK is a boat, is A, not necessarily a boat and B, not by itself proof of any kind of world wide flood.

There would be consequences we would be livin ...[text shortened]... totally mind boggling to me how ANYONE in this day and age could be taken in by such utter ROT.
    There would be consequences we would be living with as we speak if a world wide flood actually happened.
    You mean like a huge boat found on top of a mountain range? ๐Ÿ˜›
    So 40 days and 40 nights. 80 24 hour periods?
    When was the last time you talked with a vacation planner? (I'm actually gonna help your argument out here.) AFAIK, 40 days and 40 nights comes out to 40 24-hour days, not 80.

Do carry on, though, in your campaign to throw the baby out with the bathwater. I mean, after all, just because some of the oldest stories in the Bible (possibly gleaned from other sources, like the Sumerians [who don't really have a great record of telling truthful stories, see Nibiru and the Anunnaki]) are questionable, of course this makes the entire Bible suspect.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    20 Jan '14 18:353 edits
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    You mean like a huge boat found on top of a mountain range? ๐Ÿ˜›
    So 40 days and 40 nights. 80 24 hour periods?
    When was the last time you talked with a vacation planner? (I'm actually gonna help your argument out here.) AFAI ...[text shortened]... nd the Anunnaki]) are questionable, of course this makes the entire Bible suspect.
    Well, 40 days just means 6 inches of water per minute instead of 3. There wouldn't be much left of mountains, certainly not the soil if there was so much rain.
    I deliberately said 80 days to be able to double the number๐Ÿ™‚
    How can people look at figures like that and go, TOTALLY REAL?

Yes, it makes the ENTIRE bible suspect. Lot's wife turning into salt? JC and the boys feeding thousands with what, a loaf of bread and a cod?

PAHLEEZE. Get real. From your tone of voice I gather you don't believe in the flood fairy tale either. Good for you.
  14. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    20 Jan '14 18:40
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    .... Do carry on, though, in your campaign to throw the baby out with the bathwater. I mean, after all, just because some of the oldest stories in the Bible (possibly gleaned from other sources, like the Sumerians [who don't really have a great record of telling truthful stories, see Nibiru and the Anunnaki]) are questionable, of course this makes the entire Bible suspect.
    Well actually ... yes it does.

If the bible is supposed to be a source of truth, and you can prove that some
    of it is in fact wrong then that does indeed make the entire thing suspect.

It doesn't mean that the entire thing must be wrong, but it's claims can't be
    taken as being true simply because it says so.
    They have to be independently proven and verified because it is not a valid
    source in and of itself.

Just as demonstrating that an argument is not logically sound does not prove
    that the conclusion is wrong, but does demonstrate that you can't claim it to
    be true based on that argument.
    Demonstrating that the bible is not 100% true [or even close] doesn't prove that
    everything in it is wrong. It does mean that you can't take it at it's word, and
    everything we know is true that is in the bible, we know is true from some other
    source and not from the bible.

And before you start ranting that the bible shouldn't be taken literally and that
    you don't believe it to be inerrant [ect]... SOME people DO believe it to be inerrant
    and that it SHOULD be taken literally and SOME of them are on this site.
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    20 Jan '14 19:03
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Well actually ... yes it does.

If the bible is supposed to be a source of truth, and you can prove that some
    of it is in fact wrong then that does indeed make the entire thing suspect.

It doesn't mean that the entire thing must be wrong, but it's claims can't be
    taken as being true simply because it says so.
    They have to be independently prove ...[text shortened]... eve it to be inerrant
    and that it SHOULD be taken literally and SOME of them are on this site.
    Gee, just WHOM are you talking about๐Ÿ™‚

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree