1. Joined
    08 Apr '12
    Moves
    09 Feb '16 14:00
    A comparison between the beauty and brutality of chess and American football, and an appreciation of the mindfulness of chess.

In this blog, three brilliant games, and two unintentional acknowledgements of chess which were seen by millions of people who watched the Super Bowl, an American tradition.

Blog 303
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Feb '16 16:11
    I wasn't even aware the super bowl was last Sunday. .
  3. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    10 Feb '16 10:181 edit
    Originally posted by HikaruShindo
    A comparison between the beauty and brutality of chess and American football, and an appreciation of the mindfulness of chess.

In this blog, three brilliant games, and two unintentional acknowledgements of chess which were seen by millions of people who watched the Super Bowl, an American tradition.

Blog 303
    You cannot compare the two. Though my interest in chess has declined a bit with the years, I can honestly say chess is so far above American football the two should not be mentioned in the same paragraph. Only the works of satan himself could create a situation where the infinite complexities of the royal game would be less appreciated than two teams of semi obese men trying to run a bladder filled ball across a line on a field.
  4. Joined
    08 Apr '12
    Moves
    10 Feb '16 14:46
    Yes, I agree with you, @bill718, although it seems, despite this, that some people still prefer football. I find this incomprehensible, but still I have tried to respect that opinion in my blog. Which only tangentially features football, mainly because I, personally, don't like it and hey, it's my blog.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree