1. Subscriberouroboros
    Digital Alchemist
    Moves
    10 Apr '06 20:08
    Drax946 had an idea to add ECO information to the game page.

There are some limitations and some problems, but the first pass of this has been added to the game.user.js userscript.

Transpositions seem to be a problem, especially when en passant becomes a consideration. I'm just pattern matching the FEN so there are no "smarts" in the program at this point.

If anyone knows a site that makes openings and/or games available through a Web service, let me know.
  2. London
    Moves
    10 Apr '06 21:45
    Originally posted by ouroboros
    Drax946 had an idea to add ECO information to the game page.

There are some limitations and some problems, but the first pass of this has been added to the game.user.js userscript.

Transpositions seem to be a problem, especially when en passant becomes a consideration. I'm just pattern matching the FEN so there are no "smarts" in the program at this ...[text shortened]... e knows a site that makes openings and/or games available through a Web service, let me know.
    Sorry, could you explain where we can look at this?
  3. Subscriberouroboros
    Digital Alchemist
    Moves
    10 Apr '06 21:55
    It'll show up just below the FEN box, assuming that a match for ECO code was found.
  4. London
    Moves
    10 Apr '06 22:01
    It'll show up just below the FEN box, assuming that a match for ECO code was found.
    Where can I get the script?
  5. Subscriberouroboros
    Digital Alchemist
    Moves
    10 Apr '06 22:06
    Oh, sorry. It's an update of:

http://members.shaw.ca/ouroboros/RHP/game.user.js
  6. Subscriberouroboros
    Digital Alchemist
    Moves
    11 Apr '06 15:30

Changed the implementation so that it ignores the 'en passant' but from the FEN. Hopefully this will make picking up transpositions better. Also, changed it a bit so that it doesn't hit my ISP's server so hard.
  7. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    11 Apr '06 16:02

Changed the implementation so that it ignores the 'en passant' but from the FEN. Hopefully this will make picking up transpositions better. Also, changed it a bit so that it doesn't hit my ISP's server so hard.
    Does it only show up on new games, as you play through the opening?

D
  8. Subscriberouroboros
    Digital Alchemist
    Moves
    11 Apr '06 16:15
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Does it only show up on new games, as you play through the opening?

D
    Yes. It won't show up on the analysis board as each time that you make a move, it hits my server to do the lookup. Doing that on the analysis board might be a little heavy on the server. I might change the implementation later to make it a little lookup intensive later.
  9. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    11 Apr '06 20:08
    Yes. It won't show up on the analysis board as each time that you make a move, it hits my server to do the lookup. Doing that on the analysis board might be a little heavy on the server. I might change the implementation later to make it a little lookup intensive later.
    No worries, I was just wondering if there was a problem with mine.

Cheers,

D
  10. London
    Moves
    12 Apr '06 10:29

Would it be possible to keep the ECO at the bottom of the screen throughout the game?
  11. Subscriberouroboros
    Digital Alchemist
    Moves
    12 Apr '06 13:53
    New version that saves the ECO and displays the saved ECO if a lookup fails. The opening book that I have only has 2934 positions in it. Given the current infrastructure, I can't accomodate a bigger opening book.
  12. London
    Moves
    02 Aug '06 03:32
    It seems to bring up some very wierd opening names, which I'm sure arn't the proper names, but more slang names. Is there anyway for you to correct this so that is shows the correct opening names?
  13. Subscriberouroboros
    Digital Alchemist
    Moves
    02 Aug '06 14:12
    Originally posted by Freddie2006
    It seems to bring up some very wierd opening names, which I'm sure arn't the proper names, but more slang names. Is there anyway for you to correct this so that is shows the correct opening names?
    Blame Eric Schiller. http://www.ericschiller.com/resources.htm

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree