1. Joined
    26 Jan '18
    Moves
    28 Jan '18 00:40
    Hey Guys

Im a patzer based in London, uk. I have started documenting my games for 1 year in chess on youtube. I am playing above my section in every tournament to test if constantly playing higher rated players will improve me or demoralise me

Join the journy by subscribing here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwRFvA6rH875Si1HDQc98ZQ

Let me know if you have any tips or tricks and Ill do the same!

Cheers

Chesspatzeruk aka Jacques
  2. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    28 Jan '18 09:241 edit
    Originally posted by @chesspatzeruk
    Hey Guys

Im a patzer based in London, uk. I have started documenting my games for 1 year in chess on youtube. I am playing above my section in every tournament to test if constantly playing higher rated players will improve me or demoralise me

Join the journy by subscribing here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwRFvA6rH875Si1HDQc98ZQ

Let ...[text shortened]... now if you have any tips or tricks and Ill do the same!

Cheers

Chesspatzeruk aka Jacques
    Hello - I watched your game 23. Interesting end game, you were both low on time but found some good moves. Frankly I think playing higher rated players will make you stronger, but if your experiences are like mine were, it will be a rather painful process. Documenting your tournament games for later analysis is a smart idea, and playing correspondence chess here will allow you to analyze your positions deeper, which should translate into better OTB results in the future. I think you're on the right path,just enjoy the process, and don't beat yourself up too much when the going gets rough. Rome wasn't built in a day! 🙂

A few random thoughts: I wouldn't enter an OTB tournament if I had to go 3 rounds in 1 day, it's just too much to ask of the players, and (I know I sound like a salesman) you might consider going with correspondence chess exclusively. OTB is fun, but it's really nice to play at your convenience, in your own dwelling, and have the time to analyze your positions deeper. OTB does give on an adrenaline rush though doesn't it!? 😀
  3. Joined
    26 Jan '18
    Moves
    28 Jan '18 09:26
    Cheers buddy 😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree