1. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    25 Sep '13 21:54
    Originally posted by MISTER CHESS
    [b]When a piece has one legal move and you take even that away, it's shut in more. Duh.

Woah! One square! Excuse me now the game is lost because a rook that only had one useless square to move to it now has no useless square to move to! And you still didn't answer where you would place that rook if Nb1 wasn't played.

White can afford a few ...[text shortened]... s practically forced to play 19...bxc3 or 19...b3 which solves knight and the rook respectively.
    Why do you keep saying I want white to play Re1? Did I ever say white should play Re1? No. There are other squares it can go to besides that one.

As for Ra1, it is too soon to pick a square. Try to think long term here. Having the option of swinging it to Kside later can only help. That's why most experienced players are big on this whole 'development' thingy. You know, when you move pieces to better squares than where they are at the game's start.
  2. Joined
    08 Aug '09
    Moves
    25 Sep '13 22:29
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Why do you keep saying I want white to play Re1? Did I ever say white should play Re1? No. There are other squares it can go to besides that one.

As for Ra1, it is too soon to pick a square. Try to think long term here. Having the option of swinging it to Kside later can only help. That's why most experienced players are big on this whole 'development ...[text shortened]... hingy. You know, when you move pieces to better squares than where they are at the game's start.

That is quite beside the point. In the position I stated white would hardly gain by having the Rd1 instead of on e1.

As for Ra1, it is too soon to pick a square. Try to think long term here. Having the option of swinging it to Kside later can only help. That's why most experienced players are big on this whole 'development' thingy. You know, when you move pieces to better squares than where they are at the game's start.

How very feminine of you, to take my point of view and pretend it was yours the whole time. In the long run the knight at b1 would hardly be a problem because black would be forced to play ...bxc3 or ...b3 (as I already pointed out) and white would respond Nxc3 or axb3 respectively and either the knight will have been rerouted to a better square or the rook will sit on an open file.
  3. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    25 Sep '13 22:34
    Originally posted by MISTER CHESS
    [b]Why do you keep saying I want white to play Re1? Did I ever say white should play Re1? No. There are other squares it can go to besides that one.

That is quite beside the point. In the position I stated white would hardly gain by having the Rd1 instead of on e1.

As for Ra1, it is too soon to pick a square. Try to think long term here. Ha ...[text shortened]... ther the knight will have been rerouted to a better square or the rook will sit on an open file.
    Pfft...you don't have a point of view. You're just a troll.
  4. Joined
    08 Aug '09
    Moves
    25 Sep '13 22:51
    If I recall correctly you were the one who initiated the sarcastic jousting.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Sep '13 08:52
    People ask for game analysis and then cant handle it when they get it, they should be drinking Malibu and pineapple instead of Whisky and ice.
  6. Joined
    08 Aug '09
    Moves
    26 Sep '13 19:421 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    People ask for game analysis and then cant handle it when they get it, they should be drinking Malibu and pineapple instead of Whisky and ice.
    I didn't ask for any analysis. I disagreed with Mr. Swissgambit and he promptly bit my head off, I bit back.

Edit: I only disagreed with one point of his analysis, I agree with everything else he said but I prefer not to create unnecessary weaknesses in my position when there is a tactical refutation of a percieved threat.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree