1. Joined
    02 Mar '07
    Moves
    28 Nov '17 12:45
    Is it possible to get the pgn files set of these games?

Regards,
  2. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    28 Nov '17 14:23
    www.chessgames.com

You can search for the games individually. It's possible that someone has collected them into a library, but you will have to search..
  3. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    28 Nov '17 15:24
    Originally posted by @marinkatomb
    www.chessgames.com

You can search for the games individually. It's possible that someone has collected them into a library, but you will have to search..
    Note also that though there is no copyright on the moves of individual games, beyond a certain point (well before the 1000 mark) there is copyright on the collection, and there always is on the commentary.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 Nov '17 15:26
    Originally posted by @shallow-blue
    Note also that though there is no copyright on the moves of individual games, beyond a certain point (well before the 1000 mark) there is copyright on the collection, and there always is on the commentary.
    What do you mean exactly? 900 games, no copyright, 1100 games can be copyrighted?
  5. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    28 Nov '17 15:30
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    What do you mean exactly? 900 games, no copyright, 1100 games can be copyrighted?
    The exact limit depends on the jurisdiction, I expect. But it's similar to how "To be, or not to be" isn't copyrighted, but the Oxford Dictionary of Quotations is, and so is a new edition of Hamlet.
  6. e4
    Moves
    28 Nov '17 15:47
    You cannot copyright chess games.
    The notes are copyright, but not the moves.
    There is a site that has just the games used in books but no notes.

Go here:

http://www.gambitchess.com/semi/db2.htm

search by author, Chernev's 1,000 games is about 11th or 12th down.
    click on PGN and save.

The saved file will be zipped. unzip and it will ask you for a password.

qcIG7@3wmFt

That works (just tried it) it works on all the books you dpwnload in PGN.
  7. Joined
    02 Mar '07
    Moves
    28 Nov '17 19:271 edit
    Thank you.

http://www.gambitchess.com/semi/db2.htm
  8. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    12 Dec '17 15:59
    I'm glad that I looked these up! I usually do not have the patience to play through long drawn-out games between GM's. I'm not smart enough to figure out why they make half of the moves that they make! But I find these short games are great and I'm usually able to figure out why they made the moves, and also why they gave up on some of them and resigned. I have enjoyed most of these, and I'm just getting started on them!

Thanks for bringing them to our attention!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree