02 Jun '11 17:44
    Funny how you avoided saying "Canada".
    I quote: "It's not even a real country anyway" - South Park
  2. Joined
    19 Jun '06
    Moves
    02 Jun '11 17:50
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    I was under the impression that THE Northwest was considered to be a region in the US and Canada by people even in other parts of the world. Much like the West is considered Europe and the Americas even though the world is a sphere.
    If this one doesn't work out, maybe someone can schedule one in the West.
  3. Delft, Netherlands
    Moves
    02 Jun '11 17:52
    Originally posted by Mad Rook
    If this one doesn't work out, maybe someone can schedule one in the West.
    You mean Europe? Now I'm confused.
  4. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    02 Jun '11 18:04
    Oh bother. I don't want to meet up with the lot of you anyway. 😛
  5. Joined
    27 Apr '07
    Moves
    02 Jun '11 19:06
    <---------------Calgary, Alberta, Canada.

Sadly, this is in the South West of Canada, but in the North West of the rest of the world.
  6. gumtree
    Moves
    02 Jun '11 19:29
    I was under the impression that THE Northwest was considered to be a region in the US and Canada by people even in other parts of the world. Much like the West is considered Europe and the Americas even though the world is a sphere.
    I am in another part of the world and to me the northwest is Blackpool and Cumbria.

I discount the bit of Britain north of the wall, inhabited by scruffy pagans who worship the false god Colle.
  7. Joined
    04 May '11
    Moves
    03 Jun '11 10:45
    It's not. Obviously on a site like this I'll assume that if someone speaks of "the northwest" they mean part of the US, since this is English speaking site and only Americans would be arrogant enough to think that everyone knows what they're talking about, but outside the context it's not that obvious.
  8. Standard membernimzo5
    Ronin
    Hereford Boathouse
    Moves
    03 Jun '11 13:141 edit
    Originally posted by Vartiovuori
    It's not. Obviously on a site like this I'll assume that if someone speaks of "the northwest" they mean part of the US, since this is English speaking site and only Americans would be arrogant enough to think that everyone knows what they're talking about, but outside the context it's not that obvious.
    Spare me the brain numbing generalization about "Americans". The only thing I take away from your post is that you know far less about Americans than you think you do.

🙂
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Jun '11 13:15
    Originally posted by Diophantus
    I am in another part of the world and to me the northwest is Blackpool and Cumbria.

I discount the bit of Britain north of the wall, inhabited by scruffy pagans who worship the false god Colle.
    you will pay for such irreverence!
  10. Joined
    19 Jun '06
    Moves
    03 Jun '11 13:30
    Maybe he's one of those arrogant Canadians. He didn't say whether he lives in the U.S. or Canada. 😉
  11. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    03 Jun '11 14:25
    Northwest... THE Northwest the westest west and the northest inhabitable north.
    Wot, Tromsø?

Richard
  12. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    03 Jun '11 18:171 edit
    Well, thats exactly what I figured and its exactly what everyone assumed but they decided to try their wits out instead of letting people answer seriously. Oh well, it lets me get rid of the bad weeds. 😛
  13. gumtree
    Moves
    03 Jun '11 19:41
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    you will pay for such irreverence!
    Hmmm, in what coin would you like to be paid? And how much?
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Jun '11 20:00
    Originally posted by Diophantus
    Hmmm, in what coin would you like to be paid? And how much?
    i believe it was our friends the Vikings that demanded Danegeld from your pitiful rulers around the 1100's, therefore English payment, of 10,000 Roman pounds and a caravan of tasty maidens (No Essex girls!) should suffice to keep us away from your borders, for the time being.
  15. gumtree
    Moves
    03 Jun '11 20:43
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    i believe it was our friends the Vikings that demanded Danegeld from your pitiful rulers around the 1100's, therefore English payment, of 10,000 Roman pounds and a caravan of tasty maidens (No Essex girls!) should suffice to keep us away from your borders, for the time being.
    You'd have to get through the Vikings before getting anywhere near "proper" English people. Northumberland and Cumbria are full of the descendants of people who know no word for please other than "give me that sheep or I'll stick this axe in your head". Although I doubt even Ethelred Unraed (he of the Danegeld) would worry too much about an invasion by a horde of Colle players. As to Essex girls, you can have as many as you can eat in one sitting. I'll send a lorry load up with some Buckfast to wash it down with. I live just up the road from Buckfast Abbey so should be able to get you a good deal on a tanker full. I think I'll stick to the cider, less chance of going blind.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree