1. Joined
    04 May '11
    Moves
    03 Jun '11 21:17
    Originally posted by nimzo5
    Spare me the brain numbing generalization about "Americans". The only thing I take away from your post is that you know far less about Americans than you think you do.

🙂
    I know that there are some damn ignorant people there. I should have made it clearer that I don't think all Americans are like that(enough for that stereotype to exist, though), but I thought it was obvious.
  2. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    03 Jun '11 21:35
    Originally posted by Vartiovuori
    I know that there are some damn ignorant people there. I should have made it clearer that I don't think all Americans are like that(enough for that stereotype to exist, though), but I thought it was obvious.
    Its just a regional thing. I don't think of it in terms of America and Europe. I think in terms of the whole western hemisphere. So I could say that people in Europe are the ones who are arrogant enough to call people ignorant.
  3. Standard membernimzo5
    Ronin
    Hereford Boathouse
    Moves
    04 Jun '11 00:57
    Originally posted by Vartiovuori
    I hope your chess is better thought out than your diplomacy.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Jun '11 07:591 edit
    Originally posted by Diophantus
    You'd have to get through the Vikings before getting anywhere near "proper" English people. Northumberland and Cumbria are full of the descendants of people who know no word for please other than "give me that sheep or I'll stick this axe in your head". Although I doubt even Ethelred Unraed (he of the Danegeld) would worry too much about an invasion by a good deal on a tanker full. I think I'll stick to the cider, less chance of going blind.
    Lol, i used to date a girl from Plymouth, a beautiful lass, and on one sojourn I actually visited the hallowed Abbey, but alas to my dismay it was closed! As i licked the glass in the gift shop window i noticed a smocked fellow sauntering around the cloisters, but he was oblivious to my petitions. Had he known that i am not two minutes from North Lanarkshire, the buck fast capital of Britain, he may have entertained me as an emissary, rather than a mere window licker! As for Essex girls, what is there to eat for they are all botox and silicon implants. Dont you guys in the South-West have like your own King anyway?
  5. gumtree
    Moves
    04 Jun '11 09:47
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Lol, i used to date a girl from Plymouth, a beautiful lass, and on one sojourn I actually visited the hallowed Abbey, but alas to my dismay it was closed! As i licked the glass in the gift shop window i noticed a smocked fellow sauntering around the cloisters, but he was oblivious to my petitions. Had he known that i am not two minutes from North ...[text shortened]... all botox and silicon implants. Dont you guys in the South-West have like your own King anyway?
    If you were licking the windows the local monk probably thought you were a local oaf, possibly even from my childhood abode of Tiverton. The Cornish think they should have their own king although their only claim to being different from the rest of England is chucking pastry wrapped meat and potatoes down tin mines and calling it a pasty. Lundy, a titchy island off the north coast of Devon, had its own "king" for a while. He got fined for issuing his own coins and stamps.
  6. Joined
    04 Sep '10
    Moves
    07 Jun '11 18:52
    am in the southeast, relatively speaking. if someone thinks about dropping by munich, let me know. we could have an otb game in a nice place, or more traditional on the oktoberfest...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree