1. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    09 Jul '12 13:58
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    in this instance it was proven that white did not need a dark squared bishop for the square to be considered weak, black did not have one either, its weakness was created due to the fact that it could not be protected by a pawn, for if the pawn had advanced , then it simply left further weakness in its stead, not because of the absence or otherwise of bishops, me thinks.
    Nonsense. The weakness of that square was nearly irrelevant for the entire game. What won you the game were two things:
    - the weakness of the c6 pawn itself, which was under constant attack and needed constant defense; and most importantly
    - the fact that Black had one whole piece too few to defend that pawn.

He never even tried to defend the square c5, and your "attack" against it was never of any import; it was really an attack of the c6 pawn behind it.

Richard
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Jul '12 14:352 edits
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    Nonsense. The weakness of that square was nearly irrelevant for the entire game. What won you the game were two things:
    - the weakness of the c6 pawn itself, which was under constant attack and needed constant defense; and most importantly
    - the fact that Black had one whole piece too few to defend that pawn.

He never even tried to de ainst it was never of any import; it was really an attack of the c6 pawn behind it.

Richard
    nonsense? nonsense? my man, as soon as my opponent pushed his pawn to ...c6
    instead of ...c5, i knew it was a positional and strategic mistake, now let me tell you
    something about pawns, see the square in front of a pawn, it is an excellent place to
    post your pieces, especially, as in this instance the square could not be defended by
    another pawn, without incurring further positional concessions. By piling pieces up on
    the square in front of the pawn, it facilitated the entire campaign and you say it was of
    little consequence! feel your bum shallow one! and go and learn how to play against an
    isolated pawn, for anyone will tell you, anyone that understands of course, its not the
    pawn itself that is the real weakness, but the square in front of it. Vindicated, I swish
    my cloak around me and head of into the night, swiiiishhhhh.
  3. Joined
    26 Jan '12
    Moves
    09 Jul '12 16:04
    Originally posted by plopzilla
    for those who wish - you can follow the death of the scando plopzilla vs Pacifique 😉

Game 19780
    Game 9393261
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Jul '12 18:49
    Originally posted by Pacifique
    Game 9393261
    excellent!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree