1. SubscriberBrrr
    King of Cool
    AUSTIN, TEXAS
    Moves
    13 Jun '20 05:24
    ......her name was Thalia, the goddess of comedy and idyllic poetry. She was one of the 9 Muses, the daughter of Zeus and Mnemosyne, she lives just down the road from you NOW, in fact!? Not knowing how things would turn out, but wanting to make a good impression, of course, I aspired to have a great relationship, since I was a fellow with lots of good rooks. When she shared with me that she liked chess, I turned to Thalia and muttered: "I dream that one day you will be the Queen to my King! Or at least the Duchess to my Duke! Maybe we could live in a castle, or perhaps on a boat where you would be my ideal ship mate. Whatever happens I can promise you one hell of a knight! I just hope I won't have to pawn all my stuff to pay for it!" Of course, I was pawning my feelings for a queen in a white castle hoping to discover that I am her shining Knight..........well, she just oh so calmly turned her back toward me and puttered away......into the sunset....NEVER to be seen or heard from again...another one of the many en passants I've had over the years gone by...but, lucky for me, and for her, we did not get forked! And, I could also have been stuck with paying the check, mate! And, it could have been worse, for me. For Thalia's hubby, a rank and file officer in the NAVY, could have shown up and skewered both of us; and then we really would have been rooked!.....At least she never found out that I'm a son of a Bishop! AND finally, as we all know, that a Bishop can take a queen from behind! Ouch! I was clearly lucky to survive this episode with my Zugswang intact.
    But, all things considered here, I think I just played too adventurous a gambit there. If, if, if only I had played it slow and positional before long I could have been mating!
    Of course, things could have been worse, had we stayed together, we'd very likely have soon gotten board!
    But what the heck, who needs women, when we have such wonderful pawnography?
    I suppose, in the end, I was lucky. At least I never got backed into a corner and left with 4 pawns to feed!
    🤔
  2. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    14 Jun '20 09:43
    @brrr said
    ......her name was Thalia, the goddess of comedy and idyllic poetry. She was one of the 9 Muses, the daughter of Zeus and Mnemosyne, she lives just down the road from you NOW, in fact!? Not knowing how things would turn out, but wanting to make a good impression, of course, I aspired to have a great relationship, since I was a fellow with lots of good rooks. When she shared with ...[text shortened]... nd, I was lucky. At least I never got backed into a corner and left with 4 pawns to feed!
    🤔
    So, you're from Texas, with a flag from Thailand, and a photo of Ryan O'neal and Ali McGraw from the 1971 movie Love Story in the background. Not big on consistency, are you?

- Amusing little story though. 😏
  3. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    14 Jun '20 10:16
    @brrr said
    ......her name was Thalia, the goddess of comedy and idyllic poetry. She was one of the 9 Muses, the daughter of Zeus and Mnemosyne, she lives just down the road from you NOW, in fact!? Not knowing how things would turn out, but wanting to make a good impression, of course, I aspired to have a great relationship, since I was a fellow with lots of good rooks. When she shared with ...[text shortened]... nd, I was lucky. At least I never got backed into a corner and left with 4 pawns to feed!
    🤔
    If that's your work:

A+ for creativity.
    B for story-line continuity.

Well done!
  4. SubscriberChris Guffogg
    Alekhine's Gun
    🤔 Bolton
    Moves
    15 Jun '20 13:591 edit
    @brrr said
    🤔
    You must know my ex girlfriend from over the other side of my estate, remember?🚬

What happened to you with your 'game form' Brrr 2,300+ & slumming it down here now?

Don't tell me, fate [edit] yeah?🚬

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree