1. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    26 Jan '18 19:18
    More and more these days I am making a move(not a blunder) which is obviously a first step in some fiendishly clever plan.
    I then come back to the game days later and my first action is to go on to "analyze board" and go back a few moves to "get back into" the game".
    What happens then is I can't remember the point my previous "clever" move.
    Is the the onset of dementia?.
    Do I have to start making game notes for every game?, or do I just have to play less games more often?
  2. Donationketchuplover
    Isolated Pawn
    Wisconsin USA
    Moves
    26 Jan '18 20:22
    Originally posted by @venda
    More and more these days I am making a move(not a blunder) which is obviously a first step in some fiendishly clever plan.
    I then come back to the game days later and my first action is to go on to "analyze board" and go back a few moves to "get back into" the game".
    Is the the ons ...[text shortened]... ave to start making game notes for every game?, or do I just have to play less games more often?
    I suggest adding notes permanently. Keep track of your next 10 results. If you lose more than 5 reduce your game load to 18. Repeat process. Reduce to 9 if needed. If you win 6 or more increase your game load by that win count. In summary minimum game load =9... maximum =to infinity & beyond!

Go get 'em young man!
  3. SubscriberRagwort
    Senecio Jacobaea
    Yorkshire
    Moves
    26 Jan '18 20:53
    Is the the ons ...[text shortened]... ave to start making game notes for every game?, or do I just have to play less games more often?
    Don't come back to the game days later. Look at it in between a few times. Pound to a pinch you'll discover more in the position as well but more frequent visits are more likely to refresh and reinforce any fiendish plans. Worth typing notes. Its generally easier to improve and refine existing plans than come up with fresh ones - unless it's dementia obviously.
  4. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    26 Jan '18 21:06
    do I just have to play less games more often?
    This.
  5. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    26 Jan '18 23:14
    Keeping notes for each game would probably be helpful.

I don't do it but should, as well. Maybe I will start doing that!
  6. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    27 Jan '18 00:491 edit
    Is the the onset of dementia?

I don't think so, but reducing you game load about 30% would help.
  7. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    27 Jan '18 13:18
    Thanks for the advice everybody
  8. e4
    Moves
    27 Jan '18 14:09
    Possibly game load. Currently 36 which is over my comfort zone
    although I have a new chess quest (which I'll blog later) so my
    game load will increase and so will my losses.

There is a chance that your crafty plan may have been unsound and when
    the position clarifies you see a main threat you never originally considered.
  9. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    27 Jan '18 20:00
    Originally posted by @greenpawn34
    Possibly game load. Currently 36 which is over my comfort zone
    although I have a new chess quest (which I'll blog later) so my
    game load will increase and so will my losses.

There is a chance that your crafty plan may have been unsound and when
    the position clarifies you see a main threat you never originally considered.
    Thanks Jeff.i normally try to keep below 30 but I entered a tournament before xmas and it's just started giving me 14 extra games.
    One thing I do like to do is play the games with lit green dots when i log on then if the opponent replies there's some continuity.
    I learned long since not to try to "clear my board" of outstanding moves.When I feel I've had enough I'll go on the forums for a while.
  10. Joined
    21 Oct '15
    Moves
    27 Jan '18 21:40
    This happens to me, and in certain games where I pay more attention I make a move and forget it after they played their move. I then have to rethink why I moved in a particular way.

I think less games would help me. But conditional moves really helps with this kind of thing. However, not available on mobile 🙁.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree