1. Kalispell, MT
    Moves
    12 Feb '17 04:101 edit
    I ordered and just received Dvoretsky's Endgame Manual and Dvoretsky's Analytical Manual.

I haven't opened the endgame manual yet - but the first position in the Analytical manual is amazing. I couldn't help but freeze and start drifting off into varations, each failing over and over and over. I found the right move, and I knew it was right but couldn't calculate how to prove it. I think this book may turn out to be excellent for me.

Does anybody have any experience with these? Any tips on process for working through them?

I'll be splitting my time - I just got a chess coach and he has me going through David Bronstein's Zurich 1953

-GIN
  2. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    15 Feb '17 00:07
    Originally posted by Nowakowski
    I ordered and just received Dvoretsky's Endgame Manual and Dvoretsky's Analytical Manual.

I haven't opened the endgame manual yet - but the first position in the Analytical manual is amazing. I couldn't help but freeze and start drifting off into varations, each failing over and over and over. I found the right move, and I knew it was right but could ...[text shortened]... me - I just got a chess coach and he has me going through David Bronstein's Zurich 1953

-GIN
    With DEM, you can save time by only playing through the blue text first, and then going back to the rest whenever you have a game you played that is relevant. Blue text is fundamental, and the rest is elaboration on the basics.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree