1. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    28 Apr '18 08:54
    Are there any books available featuring game collections of specific openings? i.e French, Sicilian, Ruy Lopez etc. Many books are available with lengthy analysis of the opening moves of course, but a book of 100-500 games featuring my chosen openings would be a big help.
  2. Standard membersundown316
    The Mighty Messenger
    The Wood of N'Kai
    Moves
    29 Apr '18 19:18
    Try the Trends series. Although they are seriously dated, they each contain 100 games on a particular variation.
  3. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    29 Apr '18 19:48
    Originally posted by @sundown316
    Try the Trends series. Although they are seriously dated, they each contain 100 games on a particular variation.
    Thanks
  4. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    30 Apr '18 13:55
    Originally posted by @mchill
    Are there any books available featuring game collections of specific openings? i.e French, Sicilian, Ruy Lopez etc. Many books are available with lengthy analysis of the opening moves of course, but a book of 100-500 games featuring my chosen openings would be a big help.
    Nowadays practically any opening book will suit. Most authors use annotated games to convey analysis, as lines of analysis in a book mean little in the computer age, and are dated before they even make print.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree