1. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    07 Jan '07 04:46
    Originally posted by dmnelson84
    I have a feeling the mods can see what you posted before the edit.
    I'm sure they can, but I don't really care. I hit post on the computer, it lagged up, I thought about it...then deleted it, but it got posted anyway. So I went back and edited it.

If the mods have a problem they know how to contact me.
  2. Joined
    03 Feb '04
    Moves
    07 Jan '07 08:36
    I can't play chess today either, well, not for the next 11 hours or so...

Off to an OTB rapidplay tourney 30 mins a side, 6 Rounds, playing in section for over 2050, usually about 20 odd players playing. Should be fun!!!
  3. Joined
    05 Feb '06
    Moves
    07 Jan '07 10:28
    All this sounds like a playground spat, like as in primary school.
  4. Standard memberDies Irae
    I Love U
    LaLa Land
    Moves
    07 Jan '07 10:501 edit
    Originally posted by YUG0slav
    1600 is MUCH stronger than 1400 just so you know, a 200 rating point differential is huge (this is more noticeable in otb play). But I do agree with you in that his ego is a bit big 😀
    Well the rating system, when it comes down to a hundred or two points, is somewhat flexible. I'm 1400 something and I've matched players in the high 1500's. I could probably draw with players in the 1600s if I really put my mind to it. And there have been player rated 100 points below me that really put up tough fights. It all depends on the will to win and the position you have.

I'll just say this. CMS if you don't want me ripping on you, then just be respectful to all players. I don't like disrespectful people and I don't care what your rating in chess is if your rating as a human being is way below average. And if you don't care, then fine. But I'll be damned if I let you say that me and 10,000 other people suck because our rating isn't up to your mediocre rating. I don't see Weyerstrass in here talking down to you. All the good players seem to be nice and helpful. Maybe you'll learn the art of humility once you get through with puberty.
  5. Standard memberDies Irae
    I Love U
    LaLa Land
    Moves
    07 Jan '07 10:58
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Yeah you did accuse him and then you went back and edited your post.

You said something around the lines of "Well you must be using Fritz because you saw b5 way before I did but I guess there is no rule to using engines in the chess only forum."

But like I said in my post above this one, I'm going to call you out every time you disrespect other players. This is a chess forum for people to get help. The majority of people in here are awesome and helpful. You are not.
  6. over there
    Moves
    07 Jan '07 12:34
    Originally posted by cmsMaster
    Can anybody explain why today I seem to be playing like a 1400 both on here and playchess in slow games?

It's driving me nuts.
    Stuff like that happens, it's just natural. I've had that problem many times. Sometimes, after the period of bad play, I have a period of good play.
  7. Joined
    13 Apr '06
    Moves
    07 Jan '07 13:14
    In chess you win some and lose some, just like in football where no team dominates 24/7. My current problem is getting my bullet to an "acceptable" level.

My current ratings on Playchess :-

- bullet 1760
    - blitz 2009
    - slow 2024

I remember once where I played many games, lost and then the next day I found a guy who was probably tired, whipped him 5-0 and then got back "on track". When I was on my losing streak, some guy was on his gaining streak.
  8. Standard memberArrakis
    D_U_N_E
    Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Jan '07 13:34
    Originally posted by cmsMaster
    Can anybody explain why today I seem to be playing like a 1400 both on here and playchess in slow games?

It's driving me nuts.
    Thread 59766
    🙁
  9. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    07 Jan '07 13:471 edit
    Originally posted by Dies Irae
    Well the rating system, when it comes down to a hundred or two points, is somewhat flexible. I'm 1400 something and I've matched players in the high 1500's. I could probably draw with players in the 1600s if I really put my mind to it. And there have been player rated 100 points below me that really put up tough fights. It all depends on the will to win and the position you have
    true rating isn't everything, it is a general skill level and includes terms, "Underrated" and "Overrated." That CMS person must be playing an 'underrated' 1400

As for me, I have beaten 2 1600s, and yet now I seem to have run into a very strong "1250" in a tourney who is beating me Queen vs Knight&Bishop.
  10. Standard memberArrakis
    D_U_N_E
    Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Jan '07 14:14
    Originally posted by Ramned
    true rating isn't everything, it is a general skill level and includes terms, "Underrated" and "Overrated." That CMS person must be playing an 'underrated' 1400

As for me, I have beaten 2 1600s, and yet now I seem to have run into a very strong "1250" in a tourney who is beating me Queen vs Knight&Bishop.
    Personally, I think a lot of players here just play for the fun of it and don't really care what the ratings are. It's a good way to relax.
  11. Joined
    20 Feb '06
    Moves
    07 Jan '07 14:262 edits
    I'm 1692 - that's a lot closer to 1700 than it is to 1600.

1400's do suck compared to me, sure they'll get a lucky win every once in a while, especially when I play like I have tonight, but there's a reason why my rating is where it's at.

If you don't like my "ego" then why the hell are you in here talking to me?
    It only seems a couple of months ago you were in the 1400's yourself! Maybe you forgot to turn on the analysis engine today.
  12. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    07 Jan '07 14:48
    Might not want to say that....
  13. Standard memberketan
    Learning Chess
    rajkot
    Moves
    07 Jan '07 19:09
    Here are my two lucky ones ... not just one
    Game 2735934
    Game 2769474

CMS has the reputation of being so BOLD.. that he never cares about posting to an unknown person even without knowing him...
  14. Joined
    03 Feb '04
    Moves
    07 Jan '07 19:39
    Originally posted by saffa73
    I can't play chess today either, well, not for the next 11 hours or so...

Off to an OTB rapidplay tourney 30 mins a side, 6 Rounds, playing in section for over 2050, usually about 20 odd players playing. Should be fun!!!
    Ouch, the results are in...

Only got 1 1/2 out of 6! Owwwwwwwwwwwww.

My first OTB tournament in 10 years. And a 30 :30 at that, not my style - I prefer blitz or long games.

Anyway - 16 Players in my section.

Average rating : 2136 ( quickplay ratings - FIDE equivalent )

My opponents average rating : 2106 ( quickplay ratings - FIDE equivalent )

My rating ( standardplay ratings - FIDE equivalent - this was my first rated quickplay event ) - I would estimate my quickplay rating at around 2000

My tournament performance rating = about 1980 - so not the end of the world!
  15. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    07 Jan '07 20:17
    Originally posted by power mover
    It only seems a couple of months ago you were in the 1400's yourself! Maybe you forgot to turn on the analysis engine today.
    LMAO - compare my moves to any engine, it's clear that I'm not an engine user.

Hard work pays off - and my rating climb on this site shows it. I went from being appx. 1300 when I joined last year to nearly 1700 now.

Haha, you made my day though, that's the first time I've ever been even remotely accused of engine use. 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree