1. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    07 Jan '07 20:18
    Originally posted by ketan
    Here are my two lucky ones ... not just one
    Game 2735934
    Game 2769474

CMS has the reputation of being so BOLD.. that he never cares about posting to an unknown person even without knowing him...
    Makes me think of those old Doritos commercials.
  2. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    07 Jan '07 20:18
    Originally posted by saffa73
    Ouch, the results are in...

Only got 1 1/2 out of 6! Owwwwwwwwwwwww.

My first OTB tournament in 10 years. And a 30 :30 at that, not my style - I prefer blitz or long games.

Anyway - 16 Players in my section.

Average rating : 2136 ( quickplay ratings - FIDE equivalent )

My opponents average rating : 2106 ( quickplay ratings - FIDE equivalent ) ...[text shortened]... g at around 2000

My tournament performance rating = about 1980 - so not the end of the world!
    1980 performance is nothing to cry about, especially since you haven't been in action for 10 years.
  3. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    07 Jan '07 20:19
    Originally posted by Dies Irae
    Yeah you did accuse him and then you went back and edited your post.

You said something around the lines of "Well you must be using Fritz because you saw b5 way before I did but I guess there is no rule to using engines in the chess only forum."

But like I said in my post above this one, I'm going to call you out every time you disrespect other pla ...[text shortened]... or people to get help. The majority of people in here are awesome and helpful. You are not.
    Oh really? I said that? Why don't you link it to me so that I can see that.

My suspicions in that thread were not based on his vision but on how his moves compare to a friend of mine named Fritz's moves.
  4. Joined
    16 Oct '06
    Moves
    07 Jan '07 20:20
    Originally posted by cmsMaster
    LMAO - compare my moves to any engine, it's clear that I'm not an engine user.

Hard work pays off - and my rating climb on this site shows it. I went from being appx. 1300 when I joined last year to nearly 1700 now.

Haha, you made my day though, that's the first time I've ever been even remotely accused of engine use. 🙂
    Maybe it wasn't an accusation, maybe he was just trying to make a point.
  5. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    07 Jan '07 20:23
    Originally posted by Ian68
    Maybe it wasn't an accusation, maybe he was just trying to make a point.
    "Maybe you forgot to turn on the analysis engine today." - Close enough to an accusation for me to still be happy.

Astounding - people think engine use is necessary to reach 1700?

What's his point?
  6. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    07 Jan '07 20:31
    Originally posted by cmsMaster
    "Maybe you forgot to turn on the analysis engine today." - Close enough to an accusation for me to still be happy.

Astounding - people think engine use is necessary to reach 1700?

What's his point?
    umm... I got the impression he meant it like "you forgot to flex your tactical muscle."

a good sleep always does wonders to your ability. after proper rest the pieces seem to just fall into right places, and nothing can stop you. but when you're even slightly tired it's like the pieces were conspiring with the enemy. sleep turns your tactical mojo on!
  7. Joined
    18 Aug '06
    Moves
    07 Jan '07 20:34
    It is very easy to get over rated... I know I am... I barely know how to play this game. I get alot of people who resign before they need to or just attack like crazy. I think I should be a 1500 at the most... I have 1200's who will soon beat me... so my rating has to be to high.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree