1. New Jersey
    Moves
    03 Sep '20 19:31
    For past year or so have been using and following kingschrusher on YouTube and replaying LCZero games. My rating has jumped. I rather enjoyed playing tournaments in the middle of the pack than near the top of the ratings list. Less pressure to win.

Feel a pressure to keep it up. Spending more time on each move. Playing fewer games. Limiting my opening options.

Wish there was a way to reset, other than using Hikaru's garbage opening lists. Or take on 300 games.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Sep '20 01:05
    Your average opponent rating is 1600 so that is what you are.

Next!
  3. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    04 Sep '20 14:51
    @dcpk said
    For past year or so have been using and following kingschrusher on YouTube and replaying LCZero games. My rating has jumped. I rather enjoyed playing tournaments in the middle of the pack than near the top of the ratings list. Less pressure to win.

Feel a pressure to keep it up. Spending more time on each move. Playing fewer games. Limiting my opening options.

Wish there was a way to reset, other than using Hikaru's garbage opening lists. Or take on 300 games.

If I may suggest - this is not bad. This "pressure" is self inflicted. Spending more time on each move is a smart idea, you'll focus longer and find higher quality moves. Fewer games means quality over quantity. Limiting your opening options usually leads to a deeper understanding of the openings you use.

Congrats - You've moved up in class! The only downside to this is you have to work a bit harder to stay there. 😏
  4. Donationketchuplover
    Isolated Pawn
    Wisconsin USA
    Moves
    05 Sep '20 06:18
    Imagine climbing a ladder where the space between rungs increases with each step
  5. e4
    Moves
    05 Sep '20 11:271 edit
    That is the secret of success here, a low amount of games
    six games tops v players who have a lot of games on the go.

Actually not so much of a secret, I revealed years ago how I was going to
    start at the bottom page of the one day ladder and get on the first page by
    selecting players above me who had a lot of games going and with me just
    playing the one game. I did it. It took a couple of years but I did it.

See Blog Post 366 for the full story. This was a ladder one day game.

greenpawn34 - Colgorm, One Day Ladder RHP 2017

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree