1. Joined
    17 May '19
    Moves
    17 May '19 19:391 edit
    : What is chess for you?
    2: 1951 first limited chess program able to mate in 2, 1985 Kasparov 32-0 vs computer chess exhibition, 1997 deep blue won Kasparov; How do you recall that computer chess vs human era?
    3: How does computer chess software impact your chess formation?
    4: What were main dificulties to become a good chess player before internet?
    5: How Internet and chess software changed practice and learning of chess?
    6: How Internet and chess software have helped you to improve your chess level?
    7: In your opinion, what are the fundamentals for a chess player to improve his chess level, and how Internet and chess software must be used for improving chess skills?

Please provide next info for stats:
    Fide Rating/title/national rating:
  2. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    18 May '19 14:57
    @Carlos-Gustavo-García-Range
    : What is chess for you? -relaxation and fun
    2: 1951 first limited chess program able to mate in 2, 1985 Kasparov 32-0 vs computer chess exhibition, 1997 deep blue won Kasparov; How do you recall that computer chess vs human era? - nevr really followed the games
    3: How does computer chess software impact your chess formation? It doesn't
    4: What were main dificulties to become a good chess player before internet?[i] Finding opponents to play casually

5: How Internet and chess software changed practice and learning of chess?Made me a better player by teaching me some basic principals e.g |Grenplawns blogs
    6: How Internet and chess software have helped you to improve your chess level?see above
    7: In your opinion, what are the fundamentals for a chess player to improve his chess level, and how Internet and chess software must be used for improving chess skills? concentration and practice

Fide Rating/title/national rating: n/a
  3. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    18 May '19 15:303 edits
    @carlos-gustavo-garcía-range said
    : What is chess for you?
    2: 1951 first limited chess program able to mate in 2, 1985 Kasparov 32-0 vs computer chess exhibition, 1997 deep blue won Kasparov; How do you recall that computer chess vs human era?
    4: What were main dificulties to become a good chess player before internet?
    5: ...[text shortened]...

Fide Rating/title/national rating:
    What is chess for you?
    - Recreation, and perhaps a little pushback against my parents who for many years insisted in (no so) subtle ways that I was just plain stupid.

2. 1951 first limited chess program able to mate in 2

- I didn't pay any attention to it.

1985 Kasparov 32-0 vs computer chess exhibition, 1997 deep blue won Kasparov; How do you recall that computer chess vs human era? -Overhyped by the media. People invent machines that can lift heavier loads and, run faster than humans, so why all the fuss about a machine that can play chess better?

- Software is useful for storing and organizing information. I'm not sure what you mean by chess "formation"

4: What were main difficulties to become a good chess player before internet?
    -The same as after the internet. Sustained concentration, disciplined study habits.

5: How Internet and chess software changed practice and learning of chess?
    - Not much, the rules are still the same.

6: How Internet and chess software have helped you to improve your chess level?
    - It's helped a little, because I'm able to access the information I need a little faster.

7: In your opinion, what are the fundamentals for a chess player to improve his chess level, and how Internet and chess software must be used for improving chess skills?
    - JMHO. A consistent schedule of study with emphasis on tactics, opening preparation, mating combinations, and endgame study, balanced with a tournament schedule that is consistent but not overwhelming, and perhaps most important, a partner/coach who is also a very strong player that can analyze one's finished tournament games and point out areas that need improvement. Internet and chess software can be useful for storing the information one needs, but building chess skill is a process that takes place in the mind - not in the software or computer. P.S. Better results will come if one studies and prepares a little every day, as opposed to many hours of study for several days, with several days off. Consistency = Results.

Fide Rating/title/national rating: About 1600 (USCF and RHP)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree