1. SubscriberHelder Octavio Borges
    Luso-brasileiro
    Cajamar, SP
    Moves
    28 Aug '06 02:19
    Originally posted by gaychessplayer
    A friend of mine likes to say that "common sense and common courtesy aren't very common any more."

I play for fun and to learn something, so if somebody's' being rude I won't play them again until they promise to be polite.
    Well, I´m a mediocre chessplayer, but I play to win. 'Chess isn´t a question of life and death; chess is much more than this!' (I don´t know who created this sentence, but I believe that).
    We have a lot of people who use chess for impose theyselves. We know the results: SHAME!
    Only 4 examples:
    BOOYA;
    Wuffell;
    cosmicknight;
    drjegc.
  2. Joined
    14 Feb '06
    Moves
    28 Aug '06 03:17
    the person who said that to you was only gloating ...... a lowlife hobby for sure and it is meant to make him her feel better at your expence move on it sours a great game
  3. washington
    Moves
    28 Aug '06 05:46
    just about every level of players except probably above 1800 don't get quesitoned or they dont say mean things. i taunt rivals sure but not other people unless they say something. if they make fun of you just tell them to screw off. this game is for fun whether you want to play for fun or serious just make the game what is to you not other people.
  4. Joined
    14 Jul '06
    Moves
    28 Aug '06 07:09
    Have plenty of practice on here, by playing all your games against people who's ratings are slightly higher than yours then challenge him again.
    Beat him.
    Enjoy.
  5. washington
    Moves
    28 Aug '06 07:23
    i did that to boost my ego when i'm down. i go back and look at who beat me a long time ago and just whale on them then i remember how far i've come. its a very nice feeling.
  6. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    28 Aug '06 09:25
    Originally posted by Helder Octavio
    'Chess isn´t a question of life and death; chess is much more than this!' (I don´t know who created this sentence, but I believe that).
    it's a football quote, paulista. 🙂

"Football isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that" - Bill Shankly (although that's not what he really said, but it's a better story...)
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    28 Aug '06 09:40
    Originally posted by Jusuh
    thats the main reason I dont play here. in order to get to play against +2000 players, I should first beat like hundred 1200-1500 players and thats like wasting time...
    What a terrible loss for RHP.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree