1. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Jul '17 19:482 edits
    In IX round of Dundee 150th Anniversary
    Andrew Greet endured 135 moves as black against Eduardas Rosentalis and made draw.
    Here's the game--->

I always hate when weaker player loses their game in Zeitnot. Of course that stronger player had all the right in the world to play until last move and to hope for their opponents' blunder.
    Nothing directly unsporty in that.
    Still, I feel some bitterness when it happens, when GM, tired and washed-out, perhaps depressed and bored - proves to outsmart weaker opponent just by pushing woods and waiting their mistakes. David Bronstein would certainly have agreed with me.
    No beauty in such play, it is wrestling.

I have been watching this game on my netbook and somehow I was happy this chap Greet managed not to blunder despite time trouble.

I don't know how Rosentalis looks like, I imagined all the time Yermolinskiy, with his dark glasses, dyed hair and liver spots, as semi-retired KGB spy on holiday.

No beauty in such "technique" which counts on opponents' blunders in equal or lost positions.

Here justice has however been done.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Jul '17 19:561 edit

After 12. Nxd4.
    White wanted to win this by his bigger butttt,

Here Black played 39...Na4?! instead of 39...Nd7.
    I would have done the same.

Here I was convinced 63...Nf5 wins.

Here 73. ...e5??! was tempting for me. But it wasn't good.

Final position--->>> White's on the move, draw:::
  3. SubscriberLittleDonkey
    Little Donkey
    Moves
    24 Jul '17 22:33
    Great example of the 50 move rule, I have never seen it used in an actual game! And yes, you are right. Justice has been done!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree