1. Joined
    17 May '09
    Moves
    27 Jun '09 13:23
    So I'm gonna start putting together a database. Not to put on a computer but a more personal one. Like a binder of games, sorted by what opening was used. It's to take with me to tournaments when I start playing OTB again.

So I was hoping you all could give me some of your favorite GM/IM games that you think would be great to look over and study.
  2. Joined
    30 Mar '09
    Moves
    27 Jun '09 16:16
    Originally posted by tmstwrt88
    So I'm gonna start putting together a database. Not to put on a computer but a more personal one. Like a binder of games, sorted by what opening was used. It's to take with me to tournaments when I start playing OTB again.

So I was hoping you all could give me some of your favorite GM/IM games that you think would be great to look over and study.
    Why not simply take a tournament or match book or a games collection with you?
    Some suggestions: Zürich International Tournament 1953,St.Petersburg 1909,Curaçao 1962,Réti's best games,Fire on board,Life and games of Rubinstein.
  3. USA
    Moves
    27 Jun '09 17:37
    Originally posted by tmstwrt88

I think what would be most useful is instead of sorting them by openings, only use games that used the same openings you play. These games will be far more instructive to you. Then ask people to submit IM and GM games from those openings- this way, you'll get much more specific games that would be more instructive to you, as you'll learn more from the opening and middlegame stages than you would otherwise.
  4. Joined
    17 May '09
    Moves
    28 Jun '09 03:35
    Originally posted by chesskid001
    I think what would be most useful is instead of sorting them by openings, only use games that used the same openings you play. These games will be far more instructive to you. Then ask people to submit IM and GM games from those openings- this way, you'll get much more specific games that would be more instructive to you, as you'll learn more from the opening and middlegame stages than you would otherwise.
    I guess that would kind of narrow it down the way I would like. Thanks

Queens Gambit
    Scotch Game
    Ruy Lopez
    Kings Indian Defense
    French Defense
    Sicilian
  5. Joined
    30 Mar '09
    Moves
    28 Jun '09 14:481 edit
    Here are two Aagaard games I recently played over and enjoyed a lot.

Aagaard-Pons

Aagaard-Skembris
  6. Joined
    17 May '09
    Moves
    29 Jun '09 16:42
    thanks Romanticus. i especially like the 2nd game as it showed a pattern I had in one of my games recently.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree