1. Standard memberjcandance
    White Hats Rule!
    over here!
    Moves
    04 May '17 19:31
    What always happens to be is life gets too busy, and I can't make moves for a while.

Then I have a moment, and I get caught up. Then I'm waiting for people to make moves. Then because I'm waiting i pick up more games, or join more Tourneys. Then I'm still waiting for more moves so i pick up even more games.

Then life hits me, and I end up having too many games, but dammit i wanted those games when I was caught up.

And the cycle continues.
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    04 May '17 20:071 edit
    How about playing a fixed number of long time limit games?

For the times you have down time play one or two games with 1 day no bank. One fast paced game will allow you to play, but then when life hits and you time out, only one game is lost.
  3. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    04 May '17 20:57
    Match up with a player who never takes skulls.
  4. Joined
    12 Nov '06
    Moves
    04 May '17 21:251 edit
    Originally posted by jcandance
    What always happens to be is life gets too busy, and I can't make moves for a while.

Then I have a moment, and I get caught up. Then I'm waiting for people to make moves. Then because I'm waiting i pick up more games, or join more Tourneys. Then I'm still waiting for more moves so i pick up even more games.

Then life hits me, and I end u ...[text shortened]... many games, but dammit i wanted those games when I was caught up.

And the cycle continues.
    Never allow yourself to get caught up, take more time finding a move. If you never get caught up, you wont feel the need to start more games.

Even after a long think, you don't have to make a move, just leave yourself some notes and come back later. This way you'll always have games you can sink your teeth into. You'll play a bit better too.

When things get too busy, you can always just blitz out the moves to avoid time out and hopefully you'll have some notes to help.
  5. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    04 May '17 22:06
    Alternatively take a leaf out of ZorroTheFox's book and start a few thousand games, although he's slacked off recently with a mere 430 odd. If you've got enough games in progress there'll always be someone to move against and a couple of hundred timeouts will seem like a blessed relief...
  6. Standard memberMoxlonibus
    Horror fan
    North by Northwest
    Moves
    17 May '17 21:44
    I know the feeling. I have contacted the help line and made a suggestion that they make a blitz time bank where each player has a total of one hour or fifteen minutes like a chess clock. At max the game would be over in two hours or a half hour... I haven't received any feed back from them on the idea, but you would have thought it would already be an option. Maybe if more people sent the idea in to them ~ hint, hint.
  7. Donationketchuplover
    Isolated Pawn
    Wisconsin USA
    Moves
    17 May '17 22:22
    There are 30 time controls.
  8. Standard memberMoxlonibus
    Horror fan
    North by Northwest
    Moves
    18 May '17 10:56
    You must have to be a sub member, I only have 0 time bank with a day time out. Games still go on for-EV-er!!!
  9. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    18 May '17 17:32
    Originally posted by Moxlonibus
    I know the feeling. I have contacted the help line and made a suggestion that they make a blitz time bank where each player has a total of one hour or fifteen minutes like a chess clock. At max the game would be over in two hours or a half hour... I haven't received any feed back from them on the idea, but you would have thought it would already be an option. Maybe if more people sent the idea in to them ~ hint, hint.
    They tried (and failed) to make a good live chess interface here. I don't think it will ever be fixed. For live chess, you are better off playing elsewhere.
  10. NSW
    Moves
    18 Jun '17 09:53
    I have the same problem.
  11. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    21 Jun '17 23:45
    sorry, I'm new here..what are skulls?
  12. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    21 Jun '17 23:47
    sounds to me like quantity over quality,,
  13. SubscriberLittleDonkey
    Little Donkey
    Moves
    25 Jun '17 18:43
    Originally posted by ogb
    sorry, I'm new here..what are skulls?
    When your opponent has not played a move within the time restraints a skull appears against the game (think of it as the flag falling when playing with clocks). Click on the skull and claim a win (or draw if you don't have sufficient mating material).

Never feel guilty, the time control was agreed at the outset.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree