no title

no title

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b
Best Loser

Traxler is Sound!

Moves
20 Apr 07

Originally posted by ChessJester
I am surprised you are so young! well... in all honesty, I guess its not all that uncommon. So, you won a highschool championship? that is great! are you in highschool? they must have bumped you ahead a few grades?
yah I'm two grades ahead... I'm in grade 12.

Put 2 grades ahead, an 80-90 average, and a chess club title together and I'm the geekiest kid in the school.. I don't mind though 🙂

A

Moves
20 Apr 07

Originally posted by ih8sens
yah I'm two grades ahead... I'm in grade 12.

Put 2 grades ahead, an 80-90 average, and a chess club title together and I'm the geekiest kid in the school.. I don't mind though 🙂
Don't worry, it's the geeks who become successful in life (for the most part).

b
Best Loser

Traxler is Sound!

Moves
20 Apr 07

Originally posted by AlphaAlekhine
Don't worry, it's the geeks who become successful in life (for the most part).
Or the bums that live with their parents for 20 years after graduating sitting on their computer in the basement 😉.

RHP Is ruining my life. 😛

D

Moves
20 Apr 07

I guess I'm actually surprised at how young some people started learning and playing Chess. I have a 4 yr old grandchild and just can't picture us sitting down and having a game. Not to mention I wouldn't know where to start on the teaching end of it. From my playing on this site so far I don't think I'll be giving any chess lesons soon!

b
Best Loser

Traxler is Sound!

Moves
20 Apr 07

Originally posted by Dudermooner
I guess I'm actually surprised at how young some people started learning and playing Chess. I have a 4 yr old grandchild and just can't picture us sitting down and having a game. Not to mention I wouldn't know where to start on the teaching end of it. From my playing on this site so far I don't think I'll be giving any chess lesons soon!
you know what.. there are some VERY strong players on this site. In my opinion, a 2200 correspondence player is pumping out moves at the level of Topalov and Kraimnik and all them.

D

Moves
20 Apr 07

Originally posted by ih8sens
you know what.. there are some VERY strong players on this site. In my opinion, a 2200 correspondence player is pumping out moves at the level of Topalov and Kraimnik and all them.
I'm constantly making infantile mistakes. Maybe I would have faired better if I let the grandkid make my moves for me! I find I havea hard time seeing the board past 3 steps ahead. I'm hoping that a bit of practice will help with that.

a

Moves
20 Apr 07

I taught my 4 yearold cousin how the pieces moved. @.@

D

Moves
20 Apr 07

Originally posted by azalin76
I guess I underestimate the power of a child mind then.

b
Best Loser

Traxler is Sound!

Moves
20 Apr 07

I guess I underestimate the power of a child mind then.
... maybe not. My best friend is 15 and he's been playing for 2 months and still can't figure out what piece does what.

a

Moves
20 Apr 07

Well when Children are in the early stages of their life, it's really kind of easy for them to learn things we might find difficult to learn.

C

EDMONTON ALBERTA

Moves
20 Apr 07

it actually depends alot on what the mother eats during pregnancy... you would be surprised, but if a mother eats fish regularly while she is pregnant the child will be alot better off then one whose mother didn't eat fish when she was pregnant.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3835657.stm

b
Best Loser

Traxler is Sound!

Moves
20 Apr 07

it actually depends alot on what the mother eats during pregnancy... you would be surprised, but if a mother eats fish regularly while she is pregnant the child will be alot better off then one whose mother didn't eat fish when she was pregnant.

hmmm neat.

Did you know eating too much is a leading cause of obesity?

P

Moves
20 Apr 07

Originally posted by azalin76
You should check out Capablanca's games before he was 5

D

Moves
20 Apr 07

Very interesting. Nothing like putting more pressure on expecting moms. Just think of the guilt trips kids will be pulling on their parents now!

It's not my fault I got a C- in math mom you're the one who chose to eat the pork chops instead of the fish cakes. Keeeerist! I think this information should be listed as classified for national security reasons. 😛

C

EDMONTON ALBERTA

Moves
20 Apr 07

Very interesting. Nothing like putting more pressure on expecting moms. Just think of the guilt trips kids will be pulling on their parents now!

It's not my fault I got a C- in math mom you're the one who chose to eat the pork chops instead of the fish cakes. Keeeerist! I think this information should be listed as classified for national security reasons. 😛
lol, yeah I know hey? but there are casualties of science wherever you go...
I blame the media... they seem to blow every little scientific study out of proportion just so they can get more readers and make more money.