1. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    01 May '22 04:58
    For several years I thought my daily 30 min. Yoga workout was satisfactory for a guy in his mid 60's. Yesterday (just as an experiment) I added a 4-mile walk to my Yoga and the result was stunning, after a good night's sleep it was easier to sit at my desk, work through my tactic's exercises, play a 30 min. online game, and am now in the 1st few pages of Bronstein's Zurich International '53 tournament, in addition, the process of studying and playing was far more enjoyable. You don't need expensive equipment, just some light stretching, then get on your walking shoes and hit the road. It works! 🙂
  2. Joined
    16 Aug '15
    Moves
    01 May '22 22:46
    @mchill said
    For several years I thought my daily 30 min. Yoga workout was satisfactory for a guy in his mid 60's. Yesterday (just as an experiment) I added a 4-mile walk to my Yoga and the result was stunning, after a good night's sleep it was easier to sit at my desk, work through my tactic's exercises, play a 30 min. online game, and am now in the 1st few pages of Bronstein's Zurich Int ...[text shortened]... equipment, just some light stretching, then get on your walking shoes and hit the road. It works! 🙂
    A close friend is semi retired, teaches chess and plays for a living. When he was younger he would ride his bike from NE Colorado to South Dakota every year. He worked out often, was in good shape. He was convinced it helped his game. For 11 years his average rating was over 2100, peaking about 2160. This was years ago. He has gained a lot of weight, had a heart attack. He still plays a strong game. But yes, physical affects mental.
  3. Joined
    28 Apr '22
    Moves
    01 May '22 22:47

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    01 May '22 23:17
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Try carrying a weighted King in each hand.

Preferably a 5-pound King.
  5. Subscriber64squaresofpain
    The drunk knight
    Stuck on g1
    Moves
    02 May '22 09:57
    @bigdogg said
    Try carrying a weighted King in each hand.

Preferably a 5-pound King.
    All our Kings are waited,

to be checkmated. 🙂
  6. Joined
    28 Apr '22
    Moves
    02 May '22 22:36

7. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    03 May '22 23:39
    I just did some exercise. Voluntarily. Like five whole minutes.

I really hate it.
  8. Joined
    28 Apr '22
    Moves
    04 May '22 00:17

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree