1. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Nov '17 12:485 edits
    In Italy, at Acqui Terme, 11 rounds in 14 days.
    (*An adequate venue, since this had been famous spa bath since Roman times for rheumatism, arthritis and gout, which probably plague great deal of players. No wonder seniors champions never takes place in for example Ibiza or Saint Tropes.)

Well championships were held in 2 categories, like in judo:::

+ 50
    and
    + 65

+50---> men
    Peruvian Zuniga considered this tournament as another open and won with 1 point margin ahead of Silver medalled Phillipini GM Antonio (*complete unknown to me, I must admit), and Bronze medalled Eric Prie (*again unknown to me), who was again 1 point ahead of bunch of players led by Roumanian Sturua.

It was calculated according Buholtz's complicated system.

+65---> men
    Sveshnikov 8.5 is awinner!
    He began with couple of defeats and former winner Vaisser took lead, but in seconf half of the toournament, Vaisser made only draws, 1 win and many unexpecetd draws, so Sveshnikov climbed to the top.
    Silver and Bronze medal, among bunch of players who had 8 point was taken by.
    Vaisser (*silver)
    Jansa (*bronze)

It was nice to see that Vogt, Jansa, Balashov, Torre, Vasiukov, Nona Gaprindashvili, Fatalibekova are still kicking.

In women's competition, it was very rude to reveal their age!
    They played 9 rounds.
    I think that fact should have been covered as Muslim women with burqas, so that it is known excluxively to the umpires - sworn under oath that they will not disclose the dates.
    women +65
    Winneress
    Tamara Khmiadashvili

women +50

Winerress
    Elvira Berend
  2. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    26 Nov '17 14:09
    Thanks for the report..somehow, I wasn't aware of the tournament. Sveshnikov has had a great career ..
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Dec '17 19:34
    Originally posted by @vandervelde
    In Italy, at Acqui Terme, 11 rounds in 14 days.
    (*An adequate venue, since this had been famous spa bath since Roman times for rheumatism, arthritis and gout, which probably plague great deal of players. No wonder seniors champions never takes place in for example Ibiza or Saint Tropes.)

Well championships were held in 2 categories, like in judo::: ...[text shortened]... women +65

Winneress
    Tamara Khmiadashvili

women +50

Winerress
    Elvira Berend[/b]
    Any idea of the prize money?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree