1. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    18 Feb '18 17:431 edit
    I resigned a game recently as white in game # 12258664. My endgame skills are no better than average, but it seemed that I was going to be backed into a no win situation anyway. Should I have resigned? Was there something I overlooked?

P.S. My apologies, but I'm still struggling with how get the game link in the forums section. I've read the instructions, but the termanology is a bit out of reach.
  2. e4
    Moves
    18 Feb '18 17:551 edit
    final position (which I have seen before somewhere) here White resigned.

3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    18 Feb '18 19:24
    Originally posted by @mchill
    I resigned a game recently as white in game # 12258664. My endgame skills are no better than average, but it seemed that I was going to be backed into a no win situation anyway. Should I have resigned? Was there something I overlooked?

P.S. My apologies, but I'm still struggling with how get the game link in the forums section. I've read the instructions, but the termanology is a bit out of reach.
    Looks to me like K-d3, K-c5, K-c3 keeps the bad guys out, just keep cycling that and it is a draw.
  4. SubscriberLittleDonkey
    Little Donkey
    Moves
    18 Feb '18 19:331 edit
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    Looks to me like K-d3, K-c5, K-c3 keeps the bad guys out, just keep cycling that and it is a draw.
    Instead of K-c5, Kd6, then Ke6 and push the f pawn, bad guys break through but always worth making them prove the win.
  5. Joined
    21 Oct '15
    Moves
    18 Feb '18 20:27
    Looks lost, I would have played on just to see how it went. If you want a quick analysis, I think your last bad move (which cost your game) was on move 32. Be3, leaves you in a losing end game.

Personally I think moving the pawn to c7 would have kept you in the game, with advantage. It should tie the knight down.
  6. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    18 Feb '18 21:55
    Originally posted by @littledonkey
    Instead of K-c5, Kd6, then Ke6 and push the f pawn, bad guys break through but always worth making them prove the win.
    I deeply appreciate everyone's input. I'll analyze this using your comments. Thank You. 🙂
  7. Subscribermoonbus
    Ãœber-Nerd
    Moves
    19 Feb '18 22:10
    I recommend 29. Rxd5

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree