1. Mumbai, India
    Moves
    13 Feb '06 04:19
    Game 1776741

I and my opponent kept offering each other a draw but the other kept rejecting it. Finally, he accepted my draw offer. My question is, did I have a better chance of winning this one or did my opponent have a good chance? He was a knight up and I was a pawn up, I believe I could have won this one, what do you think?
  2. Standard memberWibble Wobble
    Action barbie
    Ka-koogy
    Moves
    13 Feb '06 04:24
    The final position is an easy win for white
  3. Mumbai, India
    Moves
    13 Feb '06 04:36
    How?
  4. Standard memberWibble Wobble
    Action barbie
    Ka-koogy
    Moves
    13 Feb '06 04:40
    Originally posted by yashsr
    How?
    😴
  5. Joined
    03 Mar '05
    Moves
    13 Feb '06 18:10
    There are too many variations. But white gets the N back into play on the Kside and either double-attacks some black pawn or, through judicious posting, blocks the black K from advancing at a point where the white K can attack a pawn.

In other words, this should be a clear win for white.
  6. Joined
    28 Sep '05
    Moves
    13 Feb '06 18:28
    How?
    Sac the knight at the right point and promote your extra pawn.
  7. Joined
    17 Dec '02
    Moves
    13 Feb '06 18:331 edit
    Originally posted by CrawlIce
    There are too many variations. But white gets the N back into play on the Kside and either double-attacks some black pawn or, through judicious posting, blocks the black K from advancing at a point where the white K can attack a pawn.

In other words, this should be a clear win for white.
    I agree. Knights do so well with pawns on one side of the board--better than bishops, usually. Black's outside pawn isn't a problem. White shouldn't advance his pawns too quickly, though. He wants to keep them as far as possible from Black's King for tempi purposes. Black will be forced to make a decision: protect his passed pawn or help on the King-side with the pawns. Either way, Black's King can't be in both places. The knight can move quickly (compared to the King) and will be the key here.
  8. Mumbai, India
    Moves
    14 Feb '06 03:27
    Thank you all, so I am happy to have a draw with the opponent. To rub salt into the wound, I defeated him in my next game in mere 6 moves.:
    Game 1803571

However, I still believe he is a better player than me.
  9. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    14 Feb '06 05:04
    Game 1776741

I and my opponent kept offering each other a draw but the other kept rejecting it. Finally, he accepted my draw offer. My question is, did I have a better chance of winning this one or did my opponent have a good chance? He was a knight up and I was a pawn up, I believe I could have won this one, what do you think?
    44.Na6 d4 45.Ke2 anything

46.Kd3 and white wins.

If you protect the pawn then the knight can go after the other pawns. At worse, the knight can sac himself for a black passed pawn if it gets to that.

You luckily escaped, I would have still played on, the worse white can do is draw.

Nice second game 🙂
  10. Mumbai, India
    Moves
    14 Feb '06 14:491 edit
    Thanks Rahimk for the analysis and for congratulating me on the second game.

My opponent said he knew he had a upper hand but he said it would take too much effort for him to win, atleast another 25 moves plus he said that wasn't an guarantee that he wouldn't screw the game, so he thought accepting the offer was a good deal..
  11. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    14 Feb '06 18:52
    Thanks Rahimk for the analysis and for congratulating me on the second game.

My opponent said he knew he had a upper hand but he said it would take too much effort for him to win, atleast another 25 moves plus he said that wasn't an guarantee that he wouldn't screw the game, so he thought accepting the offer was a good deal..
    yups it would take several moves to promote a pawn and depending on the timebank it might take months. With accurate play, I believe white can win but depending on his endgame, not gaurantees.

You are welcome.
  12. Standard memberChessplaya548
    Dark Legend
    Galaxy near You
    Moves
    14 Feb '06 20:25
    Originally posted by RahimK
    yups it would take several moves to promote a pawn and depending on the timebank it might take months. With accurate play, I believe white can win but depending on his endgame, not gaurantees.

You are welcome.
    White with a strong endgame would have won. Knights can do wonders against pawns. Lucky to get the draw
  13. Joined
    14 Feb '06
    Moves
    14 Feb '06 21:10
    anything could have happened. it matters how good u r, not what peices somebody has.
  14. Joined
    14 Feb '06
    Moves
    14 Feb '06 21:12
    good thought
  15. Joined
    14 Feb '06
    Moves
    14 Feb '06 21:141 edit
    Are you still there Chessplaya?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree