TCEC 13

Donationdcpk
Only Chess 04 Aug '18 17:08
  1. New Jersey
    Moves
    04 Aug '18 17:08
    I've been watching this progress. Will be interesting to see how far LCZero and DeusX progress. Also watching Kingcrusher and his review of leela games on YouTube.
    Very interesting. Will be curious to see their impact on master level chess.
    Dave
  2. Joined
    11 Jul '18
    Moves
    04 Aug '18 17:35
    Originally posted by @dcpk
    I've been watching this progress. Will be interesting to see how far LCZero and DeusX progress. Also watching Kingcrusher and his review of leela games on YouTube.
    Very interesting. Will be curious to see their impact on master level chess.
    Dave
    OK so what the heck is LCZero and DeusX ??
  3. Ontario
    Moves
    04 Aug '18 19:24
    Lmao
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    04 Aug '18 20:311 edit
    At least I have heard of and seen videos by kingcrusher. The rest I have no clue.
  5. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    12 Aug '18 13:16
    Originally posted by @pjmasks
    OK so what the heck is LCZero and DeusX ??
    They are chess engines. You can google TCEC chess to learn more.
  6. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    13 Aug '18 10:09
    Originally posted by @paul-leggett
    They are chess engines. You can google TCEC chess to learn more.
    ..they are artificial intelligence (similar to Googles Alpha zero), rather than the traditional Chess engine, to be precise. 😉
  7. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    15 Aug '18 23:28
    Originally posted by @marinkatomb
    ..they are artificial intelligence (similar to Googles Alpha zero), rather than the traditional Chess engine, to be precise. 😉
    Depends on your definition of chess engine, I suppose. If it plays chess and is nonhuman, then engine seems to fit.

And I am still not convinced that an improved Monte Carlo device with lots of processing power is as big a "wow" as it is made out to be, but that is fuel for another thread, I think!
  8. Joined
    24 Nov '17
    Moves
    16 Aug '18 07:43
    People interested in computer chess might want to download for free "Human versus Machine": https://www.amazon.com/Human-Versus-Machine-Stockfish-Komodo-ebook/dp/B0768G8R2C/ref=tmm_kin_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr= as part of a promotion.
    Learn how to handle the top engines.
  9. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    16 Aug '18 09:34
    Originally posted by @paul-leggett
    Depends on your definition of chess engine, I suppose. If it plays chess and is nonhuman, then engine seems to fit.

And I am still not convinced that an improved Monte Carlo device with lots of processing power is as big a "wow" as it is made out to be, but that is fuel for another thread, I think!
    Yes i suppose you are right, they are both computers. I am quite excited by this advancement though. Some of the Alpha zero games were just out of this world! I have never found engine games interesting to look at in the past. These new engines are playing in such an interesting style, it is like watching a genetically engineered super human. 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree