1. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    25 Mar '22 04:192 edits
    ...is that unless you are blessed with perfect memory you need to learn the same painful lessons over the board multiple times before they are remembered. Then of course there are the slumps and plateaus; sometimes, despite our best efforts, things go badly on a regular basis through a series of seemingly random situations we weren't ready for. February was a really bad month for that, but things have improved recently, and the wins are coming more often. After 450 30 - 60 min. games in the last year I know where I am on the pecking order and it's somewhat embarrassing, considering my real strength is about 300 points lower than my old rating of decades ago. The positive side of this tradeoff is unlike the 80's and early 90's, we don't have to spend our time and money traveling to a tournament hall to find our place on the pecking order is not what it was.

It's far better I think to have this option to be the faceless entity at home learning these lessons the hard way, masking their embarrassment in the anonymity of the internet, slowly rebuilding our skills, then returning to the OTB scene when one's true skill meets or exceeds one's rating. Contrary to my earlier plans, they'll no OTB tournaments for awhile. I'm not ready yet...

Just had to tell someone. 🤔
  2. Joined
    15 Dec '20
    Moves
    25 Mar '22 16:29
    Hi mchill,
    I believe it's been a while since you've posted games at this forum. (I'd understand if you were tired of being nagged to post your rooks opposite enemy targets.)
  3. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    25 Mar '22 20:21
    @fmdavidhlevin said
    Hi mchill,
    I believe it's been a while since you've posted games at this forum. (I'd understand if you were tired of being nagged to post your rooks opposite enemy targets.)
    Thanks for the offer, but Stockfish has been keeping me busy "fixing things" I just needed to rant a bit. 🙂
  4. Subscriber64squaresofpain
    The drunk knight
    Stuck on g1
    Moves
    08 Apr '22 20:42
    If in chess you think you've stopped learning, ur doin it wrong!
    It's an infinite game, so always remain open to possibilities and check all dang checks.

I played two rapid games vs a 2000+ rated player OTB recently.
    In both games I dropped a piece for two pawns... in the freaking opening!

Luckily drew one 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree