1. e4
    Joined
    06 May '08
    Moves
    25383
    31 Jan '18 01:13
    Sandy Bells v Musselburgh. Edinburgh Chess League 2018

    Last night at a league match. I agreed a quick draw with an
    old Edinburgh Chess Club team mate so we could decantto
    the bar to drink, play blitz and reminisce about the old days.

    The match score was currently 2½ -1½ to Bells.
    The Sandy Bells board 4 player saw this position
    on board 3 (the Sandy Bells board 3 player was Black)

    White to play...


    ...White is lost, so the board 4 player in a good
    position agreed to a draw to clinch the match 4-2.

    It was then that Cassia left the building.

    K.McDonald - J.Ross, Edinburgh Chess League 2018

  2. Account suspended
    Joined
    10 Dec '11
    Moves
    143494
    31 Jan '18 06:32
    Caissa?
  3. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    6899
    31 Jan '18 10:00
    Originally posted by @vandervelde
    Caissa?
    Yup, cassia is a kind of cinnamon.
  4. e4
    Joined
    06 May '08
    Moves
    25383
    31 Jan '18 12:27
    Caissa is the patron saint of chess players.

    'Cassia' is the patron saint of chess player's who blunder.
  5. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    6899
    31 Jan '18 14:27
    Originally posted by @greenpawn34
    Caissa is the patron saint of chess players.

    'Cassia' is the patron saint of chess player's who blunder.
    So what you're saying is, they're the same person?
  6. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Joined
    22 Apr '05
    Moves
    518584
    31 Jan '18 15:45
    Originally posted by @shallow-blue
    So what you're saying is, they're the same person?
    Cassia
    Caissa

    small difference.
  7. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    6899
    31 Jan '18 18:45
    Originally posted by @ponderable
    Cassia
    Caissa

    small difference.
    Chess players
    Chess players who blunder

    No difference at all...
  8. e4
    Joined
    06 May '08
    Moves
    25383
    31 Jan '18 21:36
    I must have spelt Caissa wrong and my auto correct corrected it.

    Cassia will be the patron saint of posters who blunder.
  9. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    6899
    01 Feb '18 10:03
    Originally posted by @greenpawn34
    I must have spelt Caissa wrong and my auto correct corrected it.

    Cassia will be the patron saint of posters who blunder.
    Ooh, a patron saint for me as well... though after last week, I'll have to share her with Magnus.
  10. SubscriberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Joined
    18 Feb '04
    Moves
    61729
    01 Feb '18 10:56
    Now that's a loss to lose sleep over 😞
  11. Donationketchuplover
    G.O.A.T.
    Wisconsin USA
    Joined
    09 Dec '01
    Moves
    53603
    01 Feb '18 18:46
    caissa is the goddess of chess. she enjoys eating sac'd queens
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52691
    03 Feb '18 15:212 edits
    Originally posted by @greenpawn34
    [center]Sandy Bells v Musselburgh. Edinburgh Chess League 2018

    Last night at a league match. I agreed a quick draw with an
    old Edinburgh Chess Club team mate so we could decantto
    the bar to drink, play blitz and reminisce about the old days.

    The match score was currently 2½ -1½ to Bells.
    The Sandy Bells board 4 player saw this position ...[text shortened]... p from a bridge. Black was OK. He happily said it was OK to show it. Final score was 3-3.}[/pgn]
    What if he doesn't go to H6 with king? Wouldn't it come down to perpet or maybe even the black queen can eventually interpose? For instance, Kf7 instead?
Back to Top