1. Standard memberMaxtheminnow
    Gone Fishing
    England
    Moves
    14 Feb '21 12:101 edit
    Can anyone clarify how this is calculated?

I understood it to be:

"Tournament Entry Rating is calculated by the formula (CurrentRating + HighestRating) / 2. The entry rating will never drop to more than 100 points below your Highest Rating"

However, when I check this, it seems to me that the 'highest rating' actually refers to 'highest rating in a year' as I see many examples where the TER doesn't reflect the 'highest ever rating' or I guess, '5-year rating'

When I do the claculation it always seems to give a TER based on (current+past year)/2

I use the TER a lot for clan challenges and always assumed it refered to 'highest ever rating'

thanks
  2. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    14 Feb '21 14:39
    @maxtheminnow said
    Can anyone clarify how this is calculated?

I understood it to be:

"Tournament Entry Rating is calculated by the formula (CurrentRating + HighestRating) / 2. The entry rating will never drop to more than 100 points below your Highest Rating"

However, when I check this, it seems to me that the 'highest rating' actually refers to 'highest rating in a year' as I see ...[text shortened]... e the TER a lot for clan challenges and always assumed it refered to 'highest ever rating'

thanks
    You are correct.
    My TER is exactly as you say current + year/2.
    I've not looked, but I assume this is what it says in FAQ
  3. Standard memberMaxtheminnow
    Gone Fishing
    England
    Moves
    14 Feb '21 14:54
    @venda said
    You are correct.
    My TER is exactly as you say current + year/2.
    I've not looked, but I assume this is what it says in FAQ
    Thanks Dave

I didn't see it in the FAQ, but I could have missed it!

The definition I quoted comes straight from the bottom of every players profile ... which is why I was confused. I'll assume going forward highest rating does refer to highest rating over the past 12 months ...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree