1. SubscriberRooksandHooks
    rookorbycrook
    Solihull
    Moves
    06 Oct '18 04:39
    please serious people about getting together for a day or 2 have some games of chess and a drink and some food good times ahead come on lets make this happen please ;-)
  2. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    06 Oct '18 05:41
    @rookorbycrook said
    please serious people about getting together for a day or 2 have some games of chess and a drink and some food good times ahead come on lets make this happen please ;-)
    Recommendable: lets clear a few things up:

* continent? (Most of us won't make intercontintinental journeys just for this)
    * who organises boards, clocks, food drink?
    * Will there be some vote on the final destination?

I probably could orgnaise something in the Area of Karlsruhe (Germany) hard to reach for mots players or Frankfurt/Main where at least there is a decent airport.
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 Oct '18 07:20
    @rookorbycrook said
    Queensland?
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Oct '18 08:26
    @karoly-aczel said
    Queensland?
    That would be a bit of a walk😉
  5. Subscribervendaonline
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    06 Oct '18 12:09
    @rookorbycrook said
    Both myself and Zak(64 squares) have tried a few times to arrange a clan meet with limited success -and we mostly live in the same county!!
    However with a wider audience you may have some success .
    Solihull? Not too far for me
    Best of luck. I'll keep looking to see what response you get
  6. Subscribermoonbus
    Ãœber-Nerd
    Moves
    06 Oct '18 15:34
    @ponderable said
    Recommendable: lets clear a few things up:

* continent? (Most of us won't make intercontintinental journeys just for this)
    * who organises boards, clocks, food drink?
    * Will there be some vote on the final destination?

I probably could orgnaise something in the Area of Karlsruhe (Germany) hard to reach for mots players or Frankfurt/Main where at least there is a decent airport.
    KA works for me, if given sufficient advance warning (4 weeks).
  7. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    07 Oct '18 16:45
    I live just outside of Orlando Florida, which will be the location for the 2019 US Open. Something to think about at least for US members.
  8. SubscriberRooksandHooks
    rookorbycrook
    Solihull
    Moves
    07 Oct '18 19:54
    thanks for the response, if different countries then suggest each country has their own showdown, but whenever any of us are travelling then let people know pass by ;-)
  9. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    07 Oct '18 21:39
    @rookorbycrook said
    thanks for the response, if different countries then suggest each country has their own showdown, but whenever any of us are travelling then let people know pass by ;-)
    San Antonio, Texas USA. I work at a hotel with meeting space and could get several locals to show up.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree