1. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    06 Oct '17 13:44
    does anyone know of a chess website where there are no ratings? Seems to me it is appealing to many players. or not?
  2. Joined
    19 Aug '12
    Moves
    09 Oct '17 16:03
    How would it be appealing exactly to have exclusively unrated? You can play rated/unrated games on many sites but its frustrating at times to play a "guest" who is either a complete beginner or someone testing a chess engine. Its best to play people around your level and this usually means rated games (some sites allow unrated games between rated players).
  3. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    10 Oct '17 02:11
    Originally posted by @congruent
    How would it be appealing exactly to have exclusively unrated? You can play rated/unrated games on many sites but its frustrating at times to play a "guest" who is either a complete beginner or someone testing a chess engine. Its best to play people around your level and this usually means rated games (some sites allow unrated games between rated players).
    I was thinking more along the lines of a "King of the Hill" format.. No ratings at all. Just like some Pyramids tourneys. If you win , you go up and visa versa..
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    10 Oct '17 19:19
    Originally posted by @ogb
    I was thinking more along the lines of a "King of the Hill" format.. No ratings at all. Just like some Pyramids tourneys. If you win , you go up and visa versa..
    Rating based purely on wins at the site. You don't get a number, you just end up in a pool based on your wins vs losses? Everyone in that pool is group together by record on the site.

In essence that is what an ELO is, just weighting your opponents based on the pool they are in.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree