Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

1. 21 May '06 23:04
    I recently went on vacation for two weeks. When i left i had 4 games in progress. I had changed my profile saying i was on holiday and activated the vacation icon. Yet when i return....hmmm two of the people i had played had timed me out. this was really annoying and quite frustrating.. Anyone else had this happen....its not the world champs or anything its an on-line chess site..c'mon people play to enjoy yourself.
  2. 21 May '06 23:27
    The name came from me 'whuppin' everyones ass at unreal tournament and it stuck....and yes now i am a man...
  3. Standard member XanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    22 May '06 01:01
    Originally posted by whuppingboy
    I recently went on vacation for two weeks. When i left i had 4 games in progress. I had changed my profile saying i was on holiday and activated the vacation icon. Yet when i return....hmmm two of the people i had played had timed me out. this was really annoying and quite frustrating.. Anyone else had this happen....its not the world champs or anything its an on-line chess site..c'mon people play to enjoy yourself.
    It is up to each opponent whether they choose to respect your vacation flag or just time you out. Personally I will likely respect an opponent's flag if it contains a return date (Next Monday is not a return date) (which they don't overstep). That's my choice. Choosing to take every skull that presents as the first chance would also be just as valid a choice.

Sucks to be you.
  4. 22 May '06 03:07
    Originally posted by whuppingboy
    c'mon people play to enjoy yourself.
    Well, seeing as the two people that time you our were non-subscribers and limited to only 6 games. Perhaps they took the timeout for that very reason: "play to enjoy yourself"

It's much more fun to make moves or start a new game, than to stare at a skull because the other person has stopped moving.

It's just a game, suck up the losses and move on.
  5. 22 May '06 16:54
    Thats a valid point.. ok
  6. 22 May '06 18:16
    Its a hard life out there on the chessboard, dog eat dog. pawn eat pawn. queen etc.....