1. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    12 Nov '22 05:03
    You want to be involved but are not in "deep concentration" mood. Sometimes a combination of general advice, and entertainment can be helpful without being too taxing on the grey matter. These 2 (completely different) videos below have been out for months but might be worth reviewing. (Disclaimer: I posted one of these a few months ago) So, pour yourself a glass of Cabernet, sit back and enjoy. 🙂

YouTube

YouTube
  2. Joined
    06 Nov '22
    Moves
    12 Nov '22 19:07
    Definitely going to watch the video about aging.
    I started a thread about it.
  3. Joined
    19 Oct '22
    Moves
    15 Nov '22 08:35
    @Dillhole

Thank you for doing that. I have the additional experience of not being very Westernized and coming to learn an Indian perspective on chess, since I live in India (originally from America). I am 56 -> 57, and I'm probably a 300-500 rated player to start with. I'm trying to get serious with chess, but I've struggled mentally to take this direction for 7 years.
  4. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    15 Nov '22 09:35
    @stephanie108 said
    @Dillhole

Thank you for doing that. I have the additional experience of not being very Westernized and coming to learn an Indian perspective on chess, since I live in India (originally from America). I am 56 -> 57, and I'm probably a 300-500 rated player to start with. I'm trying to get serious with chess, but I've struggled mentally to take this direction for 7 years.
    stephanie - so good to see ladies interested in the royal game. No need to struggle...spend 30-60 minutes each day playing thru GM games, studying tactics, and playing live games and you'll improve. Persistence pays. 🙂
  5. Joined
    06 Nov '22
    Moves
    15 Nov '22 16:551 edit
    When I just want to watch I put on Agadmator on YouTube.
    He covers the history of the game/event and the players and then he goes over the game in an understandable way and even pauses for us to solve a small tactic in the analyzed game.

"Hello everyone!"
  6. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    15 Nov '22 20:01
    @dillhole said
    When I just want to watch I put on Agadmator on YouTube.
    He covers the history of the game/event and the players and then he goes over the game in an understandable way and even pauses for us to solve a small tactic in the analyzed game.

"Hello everyone!"
    Love that guy. Great the way he goes through the different lines.
    Just watched his latest one on Hans game.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree