1. B is for bye bye
    Moves
    04 Mar '07 17:161 edit
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Does 'genius' mean what I think it is suposed to mean?
    Of course: Kingdom, Phylum, Class, Order, Family, Genius, Species

So I am:
    Animalia, Chordata, Mammalia, Primates, Chessidae, Guttersnipeus, Gastelia
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    04 Mar '07 18:54
    Originally posted by Gastel
    Of course: Kingdom, Phylum, Class, Order, Family, Genius, Species

So I am:
    Animalia, Chordata, Mammalia, Primates, Chessidae, Guttersnipeus, Gastelia
    I'm not really sure it was this meanings that was meant... 😵
  3. B is for bye bye
    Moves
    04 Mar '07 22:33
    I'm not really sure it was this meanings that was meant... 😵
    Or the spelling.
  4. Joined
    14 Feb '07
    Moves
    08 Mar '07 23:30
    Theoretically the coldest place in the universe would be a perfect vacuum as no matter = no temperature. Following this line of reasoning if you divide space down into small enough chunks there are infinitely many "places" around your head at absolute zero right now (and of course places at incredibly high temperaures). I guess this depends on wether space is quantised and I dont know if it is as I'm not a physicist.
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    09 Mar '07 08:12
    Originally posted by tiggeronvrb
    Theoretically the coldest place in the universe would be a perfect vacuum as no matter = no temperature. Following this line of reasoning if you divide space down into small enough chunks there are infinitely many "places" around your head at absolute zero right now (and of course places at incredibly high temperaures). I guess this depends on wether space is quantised and I dont know if it is as I'm not a physicist.
    Good point.
    But to be careful we have to define 'temperature'.

If temperature is a measure of energy in one form or another, even vacuum has temperature.
  6. Joined
    14 Feb '07
    Moves
    09 Mar '07 22:13
    A perfect vaccuum surrounded by a barrier impervious to electromagnetic radiation = absolute zero?

Although I am thinking that if there is no matter and no energy there then asking what the temperature is is irrelevant as there is nothing to have temperature.
    Its a bit like saying wow! I have the most infinitely small cat in the world - when you dont have a cat....mmmm
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Mar '07 22:21
    Drake states the probablility and hence how many scientific well developed civilisations there is in the Universe. Another factor and we get the number of intelligent technological civilisations *with* a laboratory producing Einstein Bose condensate. (What will they call the matter?)

Nature itself can't produce EB condencsate, right? Not even God himself? So this is a invention of man, and man alone, isn't it? As far we know it, of course...
    That seems like a pretty radical assumption! we are nothing but tiny specs when interfaced with the grand scale of things, the physical properties of our solar system vs the physical properties of our universe we no virtually nothing. A cat probably thinks it's the smartest thing in the universe, that doesn't mean that it is!
  8. B is for bye bye
    Moves
    16 Mar '07 00:00
    Originally posted by joe shmo
    That seems like a pretty radical assumption! we are nothing but tiny specs when interfaced with the grand scale of things, the physical properties of our solar system vs the physical properties of our universe we no virtually nothing. A cat probably thinks it's the smartest thing in the universe, that doesn't mean that it is!
    Doesn't mean that it isn't!
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Mar '07 00:35
    Originally posted by Gastel
    Doesn't mean that it isn't!
    my point exactly, there are no definitive questions or answers
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '07
    Moves
    17 Mar '07 02:45
    On a different note i was wondering what was the hottest tempature ever acheived, in the lab and in the natural universe.
  11. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    17 Mar '07 06:42
    Originally posted by bishops r cool
    On a different note i was wondering what was the hottest tempature ever acheived, in the lab and in the natural universe.
    Are we talking Big Bang here...?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree