Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Posers and Puzzles

Posers and Puzzles

  1. Standard member rjr
    15 Dec '04 01:22
    A woman attends the funeral of her mother. While there she meets a man and realizes he is the man of her dreams. She is upset however because she forgets to get the mans name/address. A week later she kills her sister. What is the motive?
  2. Standard member Fat mans revenge
    Pennywise Says Hi
    15 Dec '04 03:50
    The man is her sisters husband. That would be the best explanation as to why he was at the mothers funeral.
  3. 15 Dec '04 07:56
    seems logical
  4. Standard member orfeo
    Missing 285 + 1
    15 Dec '04 10:35
    So he'll come to the SISTER'S funeral.
  5. Standard member TheMaster37
    Kupikupopo!
    15 Dec '04 11:19
    Originally posted by orfeo
    So he'll come to the SISTER'S funeral.
    This is the solution
  6. Standard member rjr
    16 Dec '04 01:41
    That is the solution.
  7. 18 Dec '04 01:11
    She mustn't be very close to her sister if she didn't know who the sister's husband was. Also, if she knew her sister's address, she would know the husband's address, unless they didn't live together. Perhaps there is some other explanation.
  8. Standard member orfeo
    Missing 285 + 1
    18 Dec '04 11:37
    Originally posted by Peter X
    She mustn't be very close to her sister if she didn't know who the sister's husband was. Also, if she knew her sister's address, she would know the husband's address, unless they didn't live together. Perhaps there is some other explanation.
    But that's precisely why the solution ISN'T "it's the sister's husband!", if that was the solution, of course she'd know who he was!

    Look, he comes to the funeral of the mother, right? Therefore, he heard about her death somehow, and knew the MOTHER well enough to attend her funeral.

    Well, whoever told him about the mother's death is likely to say to him "You remember (mother's) funeral? Well, you wouldn't believe what happened - her daughter was murdered!"

    Even if he doesn't know the daughters at all, it's quite likely that he will go to the 2nd funeral to show support for the family of the mother, who he DID know, who are going through such a terrible time with two deaths in the family.
  9. Standard member Freddie2008
    9 Edits
    18 Dec '04 12:02
    the sisters were identical twins. the sister who fell in love killed her twin to make sure that her "man" didnt accidently/on purpose sleep with her sister. right????

    fred
  10. Standard member TheMaster37
    Kupikupopo!
    18 Dec '04 13:40
    Originally posted by orfeo
    But that's precisely why the solution ISN'T "it's the sister's husband!", if that was the solution, of course she'd know who he was!

    Look, he comes to the funeral of the mother, right? Therefore, he heard about her death somehow, and knew the MOTHER well enough to attend her funeral.

    Well, whoever told him about the mother's death is likely to s ...[text shortened]... ther, who he DID know, who are going through such a terrible time with two deaths in the family.
    Exactly
  11. Standard member Freddie2008
    9 Edits
    18 Dec '04 19:07
    oh i get it now....she killed her sister because she figured that if the man was at her mother's funeral the man would also come to her sister's funeral!!! yay!...well am i right huh?

    fred
  12. Standard member orfeo
    Missing 285 + 1
    19 Dec '04 01:42
    Originally posted by Freddie2004
    oh i get it now....she killed her sister because she figured that if the man was at her mother's funeral the man would also come to her sister's funeral!!! yay!...well am i right huh?

    fred
    Yes!
  13. 19 Dec '04 14:41
    The man has some relation to the family so if someone else in the family died she could see him again.
  14. 23 Dec '04 04:41
    Originally posted by TheMaster37
    This is the solution
    this is not an actual riddle....i learned this in the Norfolk Naval Brigg, the psychologist had said that this question is asked to felons and violent criminals b/c all murders say the same answer which is that she wanted to see the man at her sisters funeral.....I'm just saying that this was not a riddle at all and if you guys answered it the same way, I would suggest to contact help...no really
  15. Donation Acolyte
    Now With Added BA
    25 Dec '04 19:11
    Originally posted by suhkit
    this is not an actual riddle....i learned this in the Norfolk Naval Brigg, the psychologist had said that this question is asked to felons and violent criminals b/c all murders say the same answer which is that she wanted to see the man at her sisters funeral.....I'm just saying that this was not a riddle at all and if you guys answered it the same way, I would suggest to contact help...no really
    Maybe everyone answers the question the same way. I do many things which murderers do, such as eat and sleep - but it doesn't mean I've killed anyone!