1. Joined
    09 Sep '04
    Moves
    15 Dec '04 01:22
    A woman attends the funeral of her mother. While there she meets a man and realizes he is the man of her dreams. She is upset however because she forgets to get the mans name/address. A week later she kills her sister. What is the motive?
  2. Standard memberFat mans revenge
    Pennywise Says Hi
    Up from mainstream
    Moves
    15 Dec '04 03:50
    The man is her sisters husband. That would be the best explanation as to why he was at the mothers funeral.
  3. Somewhere out there!
    Moves
    15 Dec '04 07:56
    seems logical
  4. Standard memberorfeo
    Paralysed analyst
    On a ship of fools
    Moves
    15 Dec '04 10:35
    So he'll come to the SISTER'S funeral.
  5. Standard memberTheMaster37
    Kupikupopo!
    Out of my mind
    Moves
    15 Dec '04 11:19
    Originally posted by orfeo
    So he'll come to the SISTER'S funeral.
    This is the solution 🙂
  6. Joined
    09 Sep '04
    Moves
    16 Dec '04 01:41
    That is the solution.
  7. Joined
    16 Jul '04
    Moves
    18 Dec '04 01:11
    She mustn't be very close to her sister if she didn't know who the sister's husband was. Also, if she knew her sister's address, she would know the husband's address, unless they didn't live together. Perhaps there is some other explanation.
  8. Standard memberorfeo
    Paralysed analyst
    On a ship of fools
    Moves
    18 Dec '04 11:37
    Originally posted by Peter X
    She mustn't be very close to her sister if she didn't know who the sister's husband was. Also, if she knew her sister's address, she would know the husband's address, unless they didn't live together. Perhaps there is some other explanation.
    But that's precisely why the solution ISN'T "it's the sister's husband!", if that was the solution, of course she'd know who he was!

Look, he comes to the funeral of the mother, right? Therefore, he heard about her death somehow, and knew the MOTHER well enough to attend her funeral.

Well, whoever told him about the mother's death is likely to say to him "You remember (mother's) funeral? Well, you wouldn't believe what happened - her daughter was murdered!"

Even if he doesn't know the daughters at all, it's quite likely that he will go to the 2nd funeral to show support for the family of the mother, who he DID know, who are going through such a terrible time with two deaths in the family.
  9. London
    Moves
    18 Dec '04 12:02
    the sisters were identical twins. the sister who fell in love killed her twin to make sure that her "man" didnt accidently/on purpose sleep with her sister. right????

fred
  10. Standard memberTheMaster37
    Kupikupopo!
    Out of my mind
    Moves
    18 Dec '04 13:40
    Originally posted by orfeo
    But that's precisely why the solution ISN'T "it's the sister's husband!", if that was the solution, of course she'd know who he was!

Look, he comes to the funeral of the mother, right? Therefore, he heard about her death somehow, and knew the MOTHER well enough to attend her funeral.

Well, whoever told him about the mother's death is likely to s ...[text shortened]... ther, who he DID know, who are going through such a terrible time with two deaths in the family.
    Exactly 🙂
  11. London
    Moves
    18 Dec '04 19:07
    oh i get it now....she killed her sister because she figured that if the man was at her mother's funeral the man would also come to her sister's funeral!!! yay!...well am i right huh?

fred
  12. Standard memberorfeo
    Paralysed analyst
    On a ship of fools
    Moves
    19 Dec '04 01:42
    Originally posted by Freddie2004
    oh i get it now....she killed her sister because she figured that if the man was at her mother's funeral the man would also come to her sister's funeral!!! yay!...well am i right huh?

fred
    Yes!
  13. Joined
    18 Dec '04
    Moves
    19 Dec '04 14:41
    The man has some relation to the family so if someone else in the family died she could see him again.
  14. Joined
    30 Jul '04
    Moves
    23 Dec '04 04:41
    Originally posted by TheMaster37
    This is the solution 🙂
    this is not an actual riddle....i learned this in the Norfolk Naval Brigg, the psychologist had said that this question is asked to felons and violent criminals b/c all murders say the same answer which is that she wanted to see the man at her sisters funeral.....I'm just saying that this was not a riddle at all and if you guys answered it the same way, I would suggest to contact help...no really
  15. DonationAcolyte
    Now With Added BA
    Loughborough
    Moves
    25 Dec '04 19:11
    Originally posted by suhkit
    this is not an actual riddle....i learned this in the Norfolk Naval Brigg, the psychologist had said that this question is asked to felons and violent criminals b/c all murders say the same answer which is that she wanted to see the man at her sisters funeral.....I'm just saying that this was not a riddle at all and if you guys answered it the same way, I would suggest to contact help...no really
    Maybe everyone answers the question the same way. I do many things which murderers do, such as eat and sleep - but it doesn't mean I've killed anyone!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree