1. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    22 Jul '17 16:54
    Originally posted by @christopher-albon
    Machines need love too. I think all we needed to do was ask them nicely.

Here's a code I wrote :

1) Be Awesome to yourself
    2) Be Awesome to every creature in existence.
    3) Goto 1)

But I'm a naff programmer, could be a bit buggy.
    Please, for programming sake, define "Awesome."
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Jul '17 16:58
    Originally posted by @freakykbh
    Please, for programming sake, define "Awesome."
    I dunno. I was in a rush. Just a 5 second script.

YouTube
  3. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    22 Jul '17 17:011 edit
    Since you're able to see that it doesn't entail, then you'll understand why you were called out on the original argument.
    When you say "science isn't the problem, man is," there are two inferences.
    One is the suggestion that only man makes science bad (thereby eliminating science from possibly being wrong).
    The second is that science is transcendent, ...[text shortened]... even the right tool, let alone the right stuff to know.
    We are silly little people, aren't we?
    Evidently my thought process isn't nearly as complex as yours and humy's.

But the fact is there is very little here to process and understand. humy seems almost desperate to mix and match and mash together disparate statements (with little regard as to the meaning of those statements) in order to create a Frankenstein statement of his own creation, and then claim we are the creators of his monster. If I handed him an apple and an orange I can imagine him furiously work to mash the two together, then hold out the resultant mess and indignantly demand "What the hell is this?"

One answer I could reasonable offer at that point would be:
    "Why are you asking me, it's your mess."
  4. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    22 Jul '17 18:55
    Originally posted by @christopher-albon
    I dunno. I was in a rush. Just a 5 second script.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gudDmgr1H3o
    Nailed that one, didn't he?
    Makes a guy who used to live next door to Alice about want to throw up.
    Forever.
  5. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    22 Jul '17 19:07
    Originally posted by @lemon-lime
    Evidently my thought process isn't nearly as complex as yours and humy's.

But the fact is there is very little here to process and understand. humy seems almost desperate to mix and match and mash together disparate statements (with little regard as to the meaning of those statements) in order to create a Frankenstein statement of his own creation, an ...[text shortened]... could reasonable offer at that point would be:
    "Why are you asking me, it's [b]your
    mess."[/b]
    I've been told there is apparently a New Logic afoot, in play because the old logic needed a reboot.
    Perhaps when we're all chipped and plugged into The System they'll have scienced out a way to upload us all with the new Intel, bypass any of this messy "learning" process.
    Wait a tic!
    That's kinda like saying Science figured out a way to make Science obsolete!
    Hallelujah, Science!
    All, hail Science!
    Sieg Heil!
  6. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    22 Jul '17 19:28
    You're deluded.
    If you studied logic, you learned nothing, or--- at minimum--- forgot what you learned.

Your premise is faulty, ergo your conclusion is wrong.
    The irony is palpable.
  7. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    22 Jul '17 20:32
    Originally posted by @shallow-blue
    The irony is palpable.
    Take it to Debates.
  8. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    22 Jul '17 20:502 edits
    I've been told there is apparently a New Logic afoot, in play because the old logic needed a reboot.
    Perhaps when we're all chipped and plugged into The System they'll have scienced out a way to upload us all with the new Intel, bypass any of this messy "learning" process.
    Wait a tic!
    Hallelujah, Science!
    All, hail Science!
    Sieg Heil!

It's also kinda like saying Science has found a way to make itself indispensable. If Science can control how we think by controlling the information being fed to us, then...
    Wait a sec, a signal is coming in through my tin foil hat... it's saying...

OMG! This is why liberals want control of... SCIENCE! 😲

IT'S A COOKBOOK !
  9. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    22 Jul '17 23:09
    Originally posted by @lemon-lime
    [b]That's kinda like saying Science figured out a way to make Science obsolete!

It's also kinda like saying Science has found a way to make itself indispensable. If Science can control how we think by controlling the information being fed to us, then...
    Wait a sec, a signal is coming in through my tin foil hat... it's saying...

OMG! This is why liberals want control of... SCIENCE! 😲

IT'S A COOKBOOK ![/b]
    And to think of the good intended Christians who established science as a means to "prove" to one and all the order, the magnificence, the glorious creative genius of God, wanted nothing more than to point people to the source of true freedom.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Jul '17 12:431 edit
    And to think of the good intended Christians who established science as a means to "prove" to one and all the order, the magnificence, the glorious creative genius of God, wanted nothing more than to point people to the source of true freedom.
    Instead of taking it away via continuous government monitoring, virus and hack assaults that steal all of your information 24/7, and technology that may destroy the world.

Ok, now go check your 120 e-mails. You have a whole day to check them.
  11. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    26 Jul '17 17:54
    Reveal Hidden Content
    www.recode.net/2017/7/25/16026184/mark-zuckerberg-artificial-intelligence-elon-musk-ai-argument-twitter

There it is. Two great Silicon Valley techies, sort-of feuding over the future of human civilization. It’s no Donald Trump vs. Rosie O’Donnell beef, but considering the players involved, it’s certainly a lot more interesting.

I don't know that Zuckerberg is necessarily a titan as much as an opportunist in the capitalist sense of the word, but clearly the topic isn't waning.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 Jul '17 02:06
    [hidden]www.recode.net/2017/7/25/16026184/mark-zuckerberg-artificial-intelligence-elon-musk-ai-argument-twitter[/hidden]
    [quote]There it is. Two great Silicon Valley techies, sort-of feuding over the future of human civilization. It’s no Donald Trump vs. Rosie O’Donnell beef, but considering the players involved, it’s certainly a lot more interesting.[/q ...[text shortened]... much as an opportunist in the capitalist sense of the word, but clearly the topic isn't waning.
    This is AWESOME. I am the invisible man, at least to the traitor Freak!
  13. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    05 Aug '17 13:44
    The following question was put to the fellows for American Association for Artificial Intelligemce:
    "In his book, Nick Bostrom has defined Superintelligence as ‘an intellect that is much smarter than the best human brains in practically every field, including scientific creativity, general wisdom and social skills.’ When do you think we will achieve Superintelligence?”

Reveal Hidden Content
    www.technologyreview.com/s/602410/no-the-experts-dont-think-superintelligent-ai-is-a-threat-to-humanity/

Put out by Oren Etzioni last year on behalf of MIT Technology Review, ostensibly to get to the real assessment of the AI situation, and whether or not it can be considered the threat that many are sounding.

See anything wrong with the phrasing of his question?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree