1. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    31 Jan '23 15:20
    The work of Schulter is changing how biologists think evolution works:

<<
    I was especially interested in … how competitive interactions — competition for food — caused them to become much more different than they would otherwise have been,” Schluter said. “And this seems to be a common explanation for the diversity of forms.”

This finding contradicted the received wisdom at the time that a new species would not arise if the existing population was still in contact and exchanging genes.

Before Schluter’s observations of the Galapagos finches, evolutionary biologists thought new species predominantly arose through isolation — when one population became geographically separated from another and because of this isolation accumulated genetic changes through chance mutations.

“Evolutionary biologists were much more focused and interested in the genetic mechanism. They missed what was going on in nature,>>

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/01/30/world/dolph-schluter-profile-crafoord-prize-scn
  2. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    05 Feb '23 10:42
    @moonbus
    At some point a species will change the number of chromosomes to evolve into a new species. That happens in people that have Downs Syndrome. This random defect is a defect that I think is normal in the evolutionary process.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/01/180119090148.htm

In a way, abnormal is normal. Today's freak is tomorrow's evolutionary adaptation. Well....only occasionally when it works out to be an advantage. Don't think you would mate with a woman with DS?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/first-victorias-secret-model-syndrome-latina-rcna16533
  3. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    18 Mar '23 07:45
    Many alien abductees have reported reproductive materials taken from them. Our human DNA has been altered !!
  4. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    18 Mar '23 16:02
    @mlb62 said
    Many alien abductees have reported reproductive materials taken from them.
    You should be so lucky.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 Mar '23 16:58
    @mlb62
    Right. Like aliens have been here so many times.
    I guess you believe everything you read on those conspiracy sites.
  6. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    24 Mar '23 21:32
    @sonhouse
    Sir, please be advised that I am a Certified Ufologist having been interested in this field of study for over a decade ! I am very near completing the courses to receive my Ufology Degree from the Center of Excellance Academy...which is a highly regarded and certified program...
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Mar '23 12:192 edits
    @mlb62
    What? Unidentified fukking objects? Universal FREAK outs? Underhanded Female Objectives? You know, since the balloon debacle, EVERYTHING in the air is unidentified, even frigging balloons.

And China wants their balloon back. Right, like sure, after we study it for a few months but you pay shipping.
    It really got to me, China INDIGNANT when they were fully exposed about their maneuverable balloon with propellers to have it go just where they wanted and it was just coincidental they just HAPPENED to fly over most of the ballistic missile sites here in the US, just an effect of those winds.....

If I had been in charge of that mission, I would have gotten some kind of container up there to capture the thing in total so it wasn't 90% destroyed by crashing into the water.
    But what do I know, four years in the Airforce for nothing I guess.
  8. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    29 Mar '23 23:10
    @mlb62 said
    @sonhouse
    Sir, please be advised that I am a Certified Ufologist having been interested in this field of study for over a decade ! I am very near completing the courses to receive my Ufology Degree from the Center of Excellance Academy...which is a highly regarded and certified program...
    I'll do you one better.... I'm married to a UFO
  9. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    30 Mar '23 18:53
    @sonhouse said
    @mlb62
    What? Unidentified fukking objects? Universal FREAK outs? Underhanded Female Objectives? You know, since the balloon debacle, EVERYTHING in the air is unidentified, even frigging balloons.
    Jeeebus, you'll fall for any effing troll, won't you?
  10. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    31 Mar '23 10:03
    There's billions of different life forms on this one insignificant planet, never mind in the universe
    Don't you think it's strange that reported alien life forms seems to look a lot like us?
    One explanation could be visiting time travellers,with a slightly different appearance due to evolution, from Earth in the future.
    I am aware of the grandmother paradox
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 Apr '23 20:39
    @Shallow-Blue
    I guess sarcasm is beyond you?
  12. Joined
    20 May '16
    Moves
    03 Apr '23 02:56
    @mlb62 said
    @sonhouse
    Have you seen anything, noticed anything?
  13. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    03 Apr '23 03:20
    @wildgrass said
    I'll do you one better.... I'm married to a UFO
    Well, since this thread is already off topic....I noticed a UFO theory I stumbled upon the other day.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/is-oumuamua-an-alien-probe-or-a-weird-comet-this-space-mystery-wont-end
  14. Joined
    20 May '16
    Moves
    03 Apr '23 03:32
    @metal-brain said
    Well, since this thread is already off topic....I noticed a UFO theory I stumbled upon the other day.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/is-oumuamua-an-alien-probe-or-a-weird-comet-this-space-mystery-wont-end
    I don’t think alien pans out here but possibly used an inspiration of thought on the natural forces on certain elements. If they are present it would seem they would understand and be able to use this in their own design??
  15. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    03 Apr '23 03:53
    @mike69 said
    I don’t think alien pans out here but possibly used an inspiration of thought on the natural forces on certain elements. If they are present it would seem they would understand and be able to use this in their own design??
    I agree. I didn't know it was going unusually fast before I read the article. I didn't know it was a comet instead of an asteroid either. That would help explain it without aliens and all that. I seems like people have more and more UFO theories since the release of government files about them, but they didn't suggest aliens. A UFO is not necessarily aliens, but people often equate the two terms.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree