1. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    23 Apr '20 11:375 edits
    By chance, I came across this video;

YouTube
    "...India has stopped using Chinese testing kits. Only 5.4% of the kits give an accurate result. Other countries have complained about China's Covid-19 supplies. Why is India then buying from China? WION's Palki tells you why India must rethink its decision to buy from China.
    ..."

Also, many of the masks and other protective equipment from China have also been found to be defective.

This is a serious problem. I have no personal opinion on the best way to handle this problem so I won't suggest one; But I seriously think something should be done about it.

I wonder; Are those defective Chinese testing kits exactly the SAME ones that the Chinese themselves have been using to test for C19 IN China itself?
    If so, this problem goes even deeper.
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    23 Apr '20 17:42
    @humy said

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZ-up6BhWJA
    "...India has stopped using Chinese testing kits. Only 5.4% of the kits give an accurate result. Other countries have complained about China's Covid-19 supplies. Why is India then buying from China? WION's Palki tells you why India must rethink its decision to buy from China.
    ..."

Also, ma ...[text shortened]... themselves have been using to test for C19 IN China itself?
    How about make the stuff yourself?
  3. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    23 Apr '20 17:50
    @humy said
    I wonder; Are those defective Chinese testing kits exactly the SAME ones that the Chinese themselves have been using to test for C19 IN China itself?
    Oh, come on! Why trust China on anything at all? As a people, they're nototious liars, pretending to have invented everything on Earth. As a state, they are both odious and aggressive. Nobody should ever have trusted a single one of them, let alone them collectively.
  4. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    24 Apr '20 07:07
    @humy said

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZ-up6BhWJA
    ..."

Also, ma ...[text shortened]... themselves have been using to test for C19 IN China itself?
    This is also on the Wikipedia page on Covid-19 testing. I don't think this is specific to China. A friend of a friend on Facebook made the following statement:
    The global medical supplies market is broken. Rampant fraud, price gouging and speculation. You’ll see a lot of people come out and say that they had a sweet deal ready to go if the government had only moved faster. The old process: scope need - find samples - check samples - negotiate contract - arrange delivery - check goods - pay has been reduced to: pay in full upfront - then I can show you the stock. It’s bonkers. Where the government does not go for such deals they will be accused of being too slow. Where they do, they risk this. This isn’t a comment, btw, on wider pre-pandemic levels of preparation but just a view on this particular deal (which I wasn’t involved in. Our 12th flight out of China takes off today).
    Basically the medical supplies companies can get away with anything, so they do.

Eladar: This is from an article in yesterday's Daily Telegraph:
    The row over the supply of personal protective equipment (PPE) has intensified after dozens of companies said the Government had ignored their offers to supply gowns and face masks.

Ministers have been told to "get to grips" with PPE delivery after it emerged that 36 British companies said they "have not received a reply" from the Government after offering to supply frontline health staff.

Some companies including CQM Learning, based in Sheffield, have been dealing with hospitals, care homes, other care providers, GP surgeries and pharmacies directly despite not hearing back from the Government.

Which frankly I don't understand at all, the only possible reason is that they're worried about quality assurance, but given the quality of kit they're getting from elsewhere they may as well use home produced stuff.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2020/04/22/ppe-row-grows-firms-say-government-has-ignored-offers-supply/?fbclid=IwAR1INrgd7sT9r-cLk-FnFg2DcqpJnDcWueQNqt_u8otK8cakui-yRLCubDk
  5. China
    Moves
    25 Apr '20 03:07
    As a chinese, following is my advice

1, Order these kits from a China certificated factory, especially for medical kits.
    If the products proved by China gov, the quality is pretty good.
    2, Do not order the medical kits from broker, find the medical kits factory on NHC website and contact them directly.
    3, What you pay what you get
    4, If you consider above advise is not good, you can order the medical kits from other countries which may provide better quality.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Apr '20 04:531 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

7. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    25 Apr '20 06:142 edits
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    correct, and most of us here aren't those "some Westerners".

Some Chinese want to blame
    ALL Westerners for the shortcomings of SOME Westerners.
    Guess which racist hypocrite I am thinking about here when I say that?
  8. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    25 Apr '20 06:393 edits
    Many of you (those who keep up with the science news) might have already read this, but, here is some more recent advice on making your own mask;

https://phys.org/news/2020-04-material-homemade-masks-combination-fabrics.html
    "...
    In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends that people wear masks in public. Because N95 and surgical masks are scarce and should be reserved for health care workers, many people are making their own coverings. Now, researchers report in ACS Nano that a combination of cotton with natural silk or chiffon can effectively filter out aerosol particles—if the fit is good.
    The researchers used an aerosol mixing chamber to produce particles ranging from 10 nm to 6 μm in diameter. A fan blew the aerosol across various cloth samples at an airflow rate corresponding to a person's respiration at rest, and the team measured the number and size of particles in air before and after passing through the fabric. One layer of a tightly woven cotton sheet combined with two layers of polyester-spandex chiffon—a sheer fabric often used in evening gowns—filtered out the most aerosol particles (80-99%, depending on particle size), with performance close to that of an N95 mask material. Substituting the chiffon with natural silk or flannel, or simply using a cotton quilt with cotton-polyester batting, produced similar results. The researchers point out that tightly woven fabrics, such as cotton, can act as a mechanical barrier to particles, whereas fabrics that hold a static charge, like certain types of chiffon and natural silk, serve as an electrostatic barrier. However, a 1% gap reduced the filtering efficiency of all masks by half or more, emphasizing the importance of a properly fitted mask.
    ..."
  9. China
    Moves
    25 Apr '20 12:35
    China released a new policy around 15 days ago.
    All the medical kits/PPE must get the approval from China gov, and must get the certificate from import country, and all the medical kits/PPE order will be checked by custom.
    This is the answer of us.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Apr '20 16:05

11. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    25 Apr '20 16:325 edits
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Do you notice I didn't make that post and I am not him?
    So if one of us here is a racist then most of us westerners here including I must be racist?
    I don't deny a few of us here, not most of us here, are racist. A few of us here being racist doesn't imply most of us here are racist.

I repeat what I just said that still stands;
    "...Some Chinese want to blame
    ALL Westerners for the shortcomings of SOME Westerners.
    Guess which racist hypocrite I am thinking about here when I say that? ..."

So by you generalizing from observing some westerners being racist to concluding most westerners, including specifically I and most westerners in this forum most of which have never expressed a racist view, must being racist, you are, by the very definition of racism, being racist against westerners.

I have repeatedly condemned racism including against Chinese and have NEVER approved of racism against Chinese nor denied it exists.
    I challenge you to point out a post where I approved of racism against Chinese or denied it exists!...
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Apr '20 23:122 edits

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree