1. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    01 Mar '13 14:19
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    We believers in God already know that God started life. Problem solved ages ago. 😏
    You are explaining an existence with another existence. Who created god?
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Mar '13 18:30
    Originally posted by Metal Brain
    You are explaining an existence with another existence. Who created god?
    God is the uncaused cause and was never created, because God is eternal and has no beginning or end, and therefore, can not be created nor is God reqiured to be created.
  3. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    01 Mar '13 19:229 edits
    God is the uncaused cause and was never created, because God is eternal and has no beginning or end, and therefore, can not be created nor is God reqiured to be created.
    God is the uncaused cause

So you admit something can be causeless. So why cannot the existence of natural reality be causeless i.e. with no kind of 'supernatural' reality haven caused it to exist?
    If you answer either by basically saying its because that the Bible says so or show us yet another stupid Creationist propaganda video packed full of the usual misinformation and lies, this would only prove what we already know which is you are NOT basing you religious belief on reason as you pretend to and are not thinking for yourself but rather basing your belief purely on blind faith that everything the Bible says must be the true.

If you or anyone else wants to have even the slightest remotest hope of convincing any of us rational well educated people of a claim, you must at least TRY and use reason and not resort to quotes from the Bible which is just a book of stories or show us yet another stupid Creationist propaganda video packed full of the usual misinformation and lies else you have absolutely no hope of convincing any of us of anything. So why not try and use reason to back up your claims instead? -go on; just for once in your life, try it! And, if you find you cannot, what do you think that tells you about your beliefs?

Also; WHY are you bothering with your posts on these forums? -I mean, exactly WHAT do you hope to accomplish by all your many futile posts that are obviously not designed to debate anything nor convince us of anything?
    HAVE you EVER accomplish anything from your posts? -if so, WHAT exactly? Can you give a single example of JUST ONE of your posts convincing one of us rational scientists of ANY ONE of your religious claims? -if not, then WHY do you bother?
    Haven't you got anything better to do with your life other than waste making an endless stream of obviously futile posts? I guess you will waste the rest of your life do this and you would still not get it -at the end of it all you would have accomplished absolutely nothing other than convince us how irrational Creationism is and how wrong and badly behaved and foolish Creationists really are; sad.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Mar '13 19:43
    Originally posted by humy
    God is the uncaused cause

So you admit something can be causeless. So why cannot the existence of natural reality be causeless i.e. with no kind of 'supernatural' reality haven caused it to exist?
    If you answer either by basically saying its because that the Bible says so or show us yet another stupid Creationist propaganda video packed ...[text shortened]... onal Creationism is and how wrong and badly behaved and foolish Creationists really are; sad.
    For the cause of TRUTH.

Why DNA Proves Evolution Is False

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=4dWimXdtzWs
  5. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    01 Mar '13 21:539 edits
    For the cause of TRUTH.

Why DNA Proves Evolution Is False

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=4dWimXdtzWs
    -yet another stupid Creationist propaganda video packed full of all the usual misinformation lies and religious crap.
    You obviously haven't read any of my post for you have just proved my point -you never think for yourself and you never use reason.
    Most theists at least TRY and use reason.
    But you actually choose ignorance and stupidity.
  6. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    01 Mar '13 22:42
    How do you know? Got any evidence other than cherry picked quotes from The Big Book Of Middle Eastern Fairy Tales? Anything a scientist might agree is evidence for something? Anything?
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Mar '13 23:56
    Originally posted by Kepler
    How do you know? Got any evidence other than cherry picked quotes from The Big Book Of Middle Eastern Fairy Tales? Anything a scientist might agree is evidence for something? Anything?
    The proof is reason and logic and the law of cause and effect.

http://www.apologeticspress.org/APContent.aspx?category=9&article=879
  8. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    02 Mar '13 01:172 edits
    This is a verbatim quote from the "about us" page of the website named in the previous post:

What We Believe

The following principles of truth are accepted by those who actively participate in this work:

God exists, and man can know that God exists, by means of His manifold revelations, both in nature and through the inspired Word of God, the Holy Bible.
    The entire material Universe was specially created by this almighty God in 6 days of approximately 24-hours each, as revealed in Genesis 1 and Exodus 20:11.
    Both biblical and scientific evidence indicate a relatively young Earth, in contrast to evolutionary views of a multi-billion-year age for the Earth.
    Both biblical and scientific evidence indicate that many of the Earth’s features must be viewed in light of a universal, catastrophic flood (i.e., the Noahic Flood as described in Genesis 6-8).
    All compromising theories such as theistic evolution, progressive creationism, threshold evolution, the gap theory, the modified gap theory, the day-age theory, the non-world view, etc., are denied and opposed as patently false.
    Christianity is the one true religion; Jesus Christ is the only divine Son of God, resurrected Lord, and Savior of all who lovingly obey Him.
    The 66 books of the Bible are fully and verbally inspired of God; hence, they are inerrant and authoritative, and a complete guide for moral and religious conduct.
    Salvation is by means of obedience to the Gospel system, involving faith in God and Christ, repentance from sin, confession of faith, and immersion in water for remission of past sins, coupled with a life of growing consecration and dedication.
    Those enjoying salvation are members of the one true church, which is the body of Christ.

Certainly doesn't sound as if the information available on that website is likely to be unbiased, does it? I must say, after actually reading that lot, I couldn't stop laughing ...
  9. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    02 Mar '13 10:42
    The proof is reason and logic and the law of cause and effect.

http://www.apologeticspress.org/APContent.aspx?category=9&article=879
    OK if we are going to go with cause and effect, how do you justify the effect "god" without a cause?

Personally, I wouldn't even try that route. We already have an apparently causeless universe that sprang out of nothing so why not a god? The string theorists remove the nothingness by positing higher dimensions from which our universe appeared but they don't explain how the higher dimensional universes got there.

Strictly speaking, string theory isn't science because it makes no testable predictions. Just like all that god, angel and demon nonsense really.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree