1. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    05 Feb '17 01:051 edit
    I dunno. I have two solid years (4.0 gpa) of comp/sci, and an AS in electronics, and still feel ignorant about engineering. But I've always had luck with Toyota vehicles. Just bought a 20 yr old lexus with over 180k mileage, and all the electronics work!

I want some Japanese on my starship.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Feb '17 01:24
    Originally posted by apathist
    I dunno. I have two solid years (4.0 gpa) of comp/sci, and an AS in electronics, and still feel ignorant about engineering. But I've always had luck with Toyota vehicles. Just bought a 20 yr old lexus with over 180k mileage, and all the electronics work!

As long as your Japanese comrades believe in Darwin, then all magic is possible.
  3. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    05 Feb '17 05:38

Japanese cars have always been of far better quality than their sale price would indicate.
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    05 Feb '17 09:21

In Zambia we buy second hand Japanese cars. Toyota is great!
    The sad thing though is that despite being the first to produce a hybrid vehicle they then decided to try and go into hydrogen vehicles (presumably as a stalling tactic). So they are being left behind in the electric vehicle game and it could be the death of them if they don't wake up soon.
  5. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    05 Feb '17 09:44
    Japanese technology always seems to be about 5 years ahead of our own. I remember when I got all excited about phones with cameras, and my wife (who's Japanese) was rather bemused by my excitement.
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    05 Feb '17 13:14
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Japanese technology always seems to be about 5 years ahead of our own. I remember when I got all excited about phones with cameras, and my wife (who's Japanese) was rather bemused by my excitement.
    I think Korea is now the leader in most things. I watch Korean soaps and they always have the latest phones etc.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    05 Feb '17 15:32
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I think Korea is now the leader in most things. I watch Korean soaps and they always have the latest phones etc.
    I just paid off my Hyundai Accent, my commuter car that gets 32 mpg with a small engine but I still do 80 MPH on 78 in New jersey, if you don't you get run off into the median🙂 It has 170,000 miles on it now, had it 6 years and hope to get at least another 100K out of it. I have a daily 2 way commute of 160 miles, 80 miles one way from Allentown Pa area to middle New Jersey, Piscataway and South Plainfield. It is funny though, it is a 1980's car with a 21 century radio, XM, CD, AM-FM but nothing else, automatic trans, that's it, no electric anything. About 7 years ago I paid 500 bucks for lifetime sub to XM and it is a great service for a long commute, classic radio shows like Gunsmoke, the 6 shooter, and Sherlock Holmes and BBC, NBC, radio Canada, NPR and a bunch of music channels, like Symphony hall or the Greatful dead channel and the like. That and my amateur radio I can talk to people around the world without using cell phone, I have a nice commute.
  8. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    06 Feb '17 03:15
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I just ...
    You are a cut above, young man.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Feb '17 09:05
    You are a cut above, young man.
    I wish🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree