1. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    27 Apr '22 06:53
    https://phys.org/news/2022-04-physicists-embark-long-sought-quantum.html

These guys did devleop at least a theoretical feasible way to do it. I will keep an eye on this.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Apr '22 15:17
    @Ponderable
    So the implications are if you can go near c velocity, the analysis of the Unruh effect can tell you your velocity relative to the universe?
    Big assumptions, eh🙂
  3. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    28 Apr '22 10:44
    @sonhouse said
    @Ponderable
    So the implications are if you can go near c velocity, the analysis of the Unruh effect can tell you your velocity relative to the universe?
    Big assumptions, eh🙂
    Actually the effect would clear up matter/energy interaction. A quote from my originally given source:

What, then, would be the point? For one, he says that observing the Unruh effect would be a validation of fundamental quantum interactions between matter and light. And for another, the detection could represent a mirror of the Hawking effect—a proposal by the physicist Stephen Hawking that predicts a similar thermal glow, or "Hawking radiation," from light and matter interactions in an extreme gravitational field, such as around a black hole.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 May '22 22:48
    @Ponderable
    Well news at 11 I guess.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree