1. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    27 Nov '20 07:50
    YouTube

Its about 50% more massive than the Earth and more dense and orbits extremely close to its star and is certainly not a gas giant.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Nov '20 18:07
    @humy
    Is that the one supposedly raining molten iron?
  3. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    27 Nov '20 18:561 edit
    @sonhouse said
    @humy
    Is that the one supposedly raining molten iron?
    I don't think so.

I have heard of another super-hot one that rains down what can be described as 'broken glass" and with hurricane force winds, making Venus look tame in comparison!
    https://www.nasa.gov/image-feature/rains-of-terror-on-exoplanet-hd-189733b
    "...Its winds blow up to 5,400 mph (2 km/s) at seven times the speed of sound, whipping all would-be travelers in a sickening spiral around the planet. And getting caught in the rain on this planet is more than an inconvenience; it’s death by a thousand cuts. This scorching alien world possibly rains glass—sideways—in its howling winds..."
    When I heard of this one, I thought "Bloody hell!"
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 Nov '20 01:34
    @humy
    And it wouldn't remain blood for very long either🙂 I can see them calculating the temperature but how would they go from super hot to 5000 mile an hour winds?
  5. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    28 Nov '20 07:52
    @sonhouse said
    @humy
    but how would they go from super hot to 5000 mile an hour winds?
    They worked out the planet must be tidally locked with its star and the computer simulations show the resulting relatively extreme temperature differences between night-side and day-side would generate those huge wind speeds.
  6. Standard memberbunnyknight
    bunny knight
    planet Earth
    Moves
    30 Nov '20 04:08
    @humy said
    I don't think so.

I have heard of another super-hot one that rains down what can be described as 'broken glass" and with hurricane force winds, making Venus look tame in comparison!
    https://www.nasa.gov/image-feature/rains-of-terror-on-exoplanet-hd-189733b
    "...Its winds blow up to 5,400 mph (2 km/s) at seven times the speed of sound, whipping all would-be travelers in a sic ...[text shortened]... ly rains glass—sideways—in its howling winds..."
    When I heard of this one, I thought "Bloody hell!"
    Ever considered that that super-strong wind with hot broken glass could be nothing more than a pleasant, refreshing breeze to the super-humans living there?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree