1. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    11 Aug '08 06:56
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    You are misunderstanding the purpose of probability. Odds are simply a mathematical representation
    of the likelihood of some event to obtain. Heads will obtain 50% of the time on a fair coin. If
    you flip the coin five times, and it lands heads all five times, the odds before the toss were
    still 50%, and the odds for the next toss is also 50%. That it ...[text shortened]... ong before, now you must be 2/3 likely to be
    right now.

Make sense?

Nemesio
    That's a good explanation.
  2. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    11 Aug '08 09:23
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    You are misunderstanding the purpose of probability. Odds are simply a mathematical representation
    of the likelihood of some event to obtain. Heads will obtain 50% of the time on a fair coin. If
    you flip the coin five times, and it lands heads all five times, the odds before the toss were
    still 50%, and the odds for the next toss is also 50%. That it ...[text shortened]... ong before, now you must be 2/3 likely to be
    right now.

Make sense?

Nemesio
    yes it does, but i already changed my position, see may latest post before this one. anyway it is a good explanation.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree