1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Mar '18 16:36
    https://techxplore.com/news/2018-03-mini-machines.html

These things float in air, so clearly could be made by the millions for various purposes.
  2. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    21 Mar '18 16:52
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    https://techxplore.com/news/2018-03-mini-machines.html

These things float in air, so clearly could be made by the millions for various purposes.
    ... until you inhale a couple of them and we see what concentration of Molybdenum and Tungsten and Selenium causes cancer.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Mar '18 17:54
    Originally posted by @wildgrass
    ... until you inhale a couple of them and we see what concentration of Molybdenum and Tungsten and Selenium causes cancer.
    Maybe, if those substances can actually interact with the body. They might be bound so they can't touch human cells. It's still a new field and they night find human compatible components.

Like the study of catalytic converters which usually has some platinum and the like, now have found much cheaper alternatives that work almost as well as platinum but for 1% of the price, like iron oxides and such.

Just saying this is just the beginning of a new technology and there is no way to predict what will come of it in 50 years.
  4. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    23 Mar '18 01:47
    Originally posted by @wildgrass
    You can buy pills containing selenium, so I doubt there is much of a problem from that. Assuming the bots are unable to move through the lungs walls and they don't cause mechanical damage the chances are it's no worse than breathing in diesel fumes, or any of the other pollutants we're regularly exposed to.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree